Monday, April 2, 2007

Crocheting


Crocheting is one of my favorite pursuits! I started learning from my mother only last summer, and soon became "hooked" :-) Don't get me wrong, I also love knitting, embroidery and sewing, but crocheting is convenient because that little hook doesn't take up much space and can be carried practically anywhere. I crochet during breaks and while waiting for a doctor's appointment, and even in the bus!

Above, you can see one of my first attempts in crocheting.

On the left, you can see a picture of me in our living room, working on my new summer project (see picture below).

This winter's projects: a shawl and a vest. I had some help from my mother with the shawl at the beginning, but the vest was made entirely by me :-)




A new project: this is meant to be a light summer top, worn over a plain one-color cotton t-shirt. I will share with you the final product once it's completed ;-)


Having busy hands, I have discovered, is an almost certain way of always keeping a cheerful smile :-)



Ladies who are interested in patterns are welcome to contact me via this blog and leave their emails.
Anna

12 comments:

Tracy said...

Absolutely beautiful, Anna! I do not crochet. Yet! I do have a desire to learn. I love to sew, cross stitch, and quilt. I especially love the vest.

Tracy said...

Anna, I know that you have comment moderation, and can delete this if you do not feel comfortable with it.
I have Stat-counter, and it tells me where my viewers are. (Not exactly, just city and country) Anyway, I've noticed that you seem to be coming from Israel! I shared this with my children. They were fascinated! If this is indeed where you are, could you perhaps share a little about your culture, etc. If you don't want to disclose this to the world I TOTALLY understand. Perhaps you could send a simple "yes" in reply. As homeschoolers, we have used my blog to look places up on maps, and talk about all of the different places in the world! Many blessings to you, Anna!

Anna S said...

Hi Tracy,
I'm glad you liked the vest :) Right now it's a bit too warm to wear it, but it will be great next winter.
Regarding your second comment, why, yes, I'm from Israel, don't see any reason to hide it. :) I have lived in Israel almost all my life... and it's an amazing experience every day. Of course, I will be glad to share about anything you might want to ask. The blog might not exactly be the place for it, but I will answer with pleasure if you email me at celena_costello@hotmail.com
Anna

Candy said...

These are lovely...very beautiful. You are talented Anna!
Your picture is beautiful too, you are very pretty!

Glamour Mom said...

Thank you for visiting me :) I read your article at LAF and I couldn't agree with you more.

I like your blog and what you have to say. You're definitely off to a great start in blogland. I'm sure you will have many others coming here for some wisdom.

You crochet beautifully. I've been crocheting for years but you're going to laugh when I tell you that I can't read directions for it...lol. My mom taught me to right before I got married but then I moved to another state so I only got the basics of crocheting. I've actually taught myself stitches but I make up names for them :) I love your work though. Very nice!

Will visit again :)

Anna S said...

Thank you, Candy and Glamour Mom! It's so nice for a beginner blogger to read encouraging words. :)

javagirl1111 said...

Oh! Neat!!! I'm also a crocheting nut:-) Sooo glad I saw your link on Glamour Mom's site!

Anna S said...

Javagirl: you should share some of your work too! Exchanging ideas means more productivity :)

Christine said...

You do such lovely crochet work. I find crocheting to be one of the most rewarding pieces of handiwork because of it's simplicity. Blessings.

Anna S said...

Christine - you are absolutely right! That's what I love about crocheting. You can make elaborate patterns, but it's really simple, it all boils down to a few basics. And people always love crocheted items!

Rosemary UK said...

I love the lace mats you have made,although I knit,sew and embroider I cannot seem to teach myself to crochet and nobody I know can either.I think I need a teacher but where to find one ?

Anna S said...

Rosemary,

I don't think I could teach myself either! I learned everything from my mother.