Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Easy and Delicious Pie

Easy and Delicious Pie

I decided to share the recipe, because it really is delicious and easy – the proof of it is that even a beginner baker like me is successful time after time in making it. :-) I usually make it with strawberries, but it's also delicious with plums, apricots, peaches and cherries.

You will need:
3 eggs
1,5 cups of sugar
5 oz of butter or margarine
1 cup flour
1 cup of fruit or berries of your choosing (suggested here: strawberry)

Step 1: making the pie crust
Take 3 eggs. Carefully separate egg yolks from egg whites (for me, it's the most difficult part!). Put egg whites away, add 3\4 cup of sugar to egg yolk and mix.
Add around 5 oz butter or margarine (softened or melted), mix.
Add flour – around 1 cup, but you can add more if there is need to. The dough isn't supposed to be too soft. Baking soda or baking powder is an option, I don't add any.
Evenly spread the dough in one layer in a baking tray. I use a round one, with diameter approximately 25 cm (10 inches). Put into a pre-heated oven (temperature should be 350F, or 180C) for about half an hour (the dough shouldn't be completely ready at this point).

Step 2: making the filling and topping
Take the fruit or berries of your choosing and cut it the way you like. As you can see in the picture, I used strawberries and cut them in half. Arrange fruit on top of the ready pie crust.















Take the egg whites you separated earlier, and whip while adding slowly 3\4 cup of sugar. You have finished whipping when you have a firm, non-liquid foam. Spread egg whites on top of fruit (see picture).















Lower the oven temperature by about 20 degrees. Put in the pie and wait for about another half hour (might take longer). The top should be nice off-white when ready. Enjoy!







9 comments:

Tracy said...

This looks so yummy! Thanks for sharing the recipe and the pictures!

Candy said...

Yay! Thanks SO much for sharing! Im going to try it soon and let you know :) Thanks too for including the beautiful pictures, looks so YUM! :)
Love Candy

Anna S said...

Thanks! No pie here anymore, heh :P I think I will make another one soon, this time with plums or whatever I can find.

Jenny said...

This looks delicious! I'm going to have to try it. :)

Jenny said...

This looks delicious! I'm going to have to try it. :)

Anna S said...

Jenny, I hope you enjoy it :) It's my Mom's favorite for spring and summer.

Christie Belle said...

Yum, yum, yum! This looks absolutely delicious! Thanks for dropping by today and your sweet words. Come back anytime, I'll definately be back for a visit:)

Anna S said...

Hope someone tries it and tells me what they think :)

Glamour Mom said...

What a pretty pie. It looks so delicious. I am definitely going to give it a try. Thank you for sharing :)