Monday, May 7, 2007

Banana ice

Summer is approaching, and yesterday we had such a warm day that I found myself longing for a refreshing dessert! I decided to try making my own banana ice for the very first time (we had plenty of almost overripe bananas!). I took:

6 bananas
4 tbsp. low fat cream cheese
2 tbsp. vanilla sugar
2 tbsp. liqueur

I mixed it all in a food processor and let freeze overnight. Well... it wasn't bad actually - nice, cool and with very little added sugar - but it was so HARD. I wanted to share a picture, but it's already gone.
I wish I could find a good, easy recipe for really soft and smooth homemade ice-cream. Ideas, anyone?

4 comments:

Jordin said...

Yum! That's my kind of summertime treat! :) I LOVE anything banana.

Christie Belle said...

That does sound yummy! I love bananas, and if I hear of any easy ice cream recipes, I'll be sure to send them your way.

Irena. said...

I have read recipes for no-stir ices where you just whip the liquid to a froth, then freeze. Perhaps this will work for you?

Anna S said...

Irena: yeah, perhaps. I found some too. Gotta try them one of these hot, humid days...