Thursday, May 10, 2007

Pumpkin pie



When revising my fridge today, I found a stray piece of pumpkin. It was already softening and even a bit mushy here and there, so I decided I should put it to use and try a recipe for pumpkin pie I found some time ago. It was super easy to make, and everybody loved it.

To make the crust, I took:

150 gr (5 oz) soft butter

2 tbsp. sugar

1 tsp. salt

1 egg

1\2 cup sour cream

2 cups flour

1 tsp. baking powder

First, I mixed butter and sugar, then added egg, sour cream, salt, and finally, flour + baking powder. Then, I divided the dough into two parts, rolled them out, used the first part as the bottom crust, and the second as the top.

To make the filling, I simply chopped the pumpkin, sauteed it with some vegetable oil, added 1 tsp. sugar and a bit of cinnamon.

Then I put it in the oven (200C/400F) for around half an hour. It made a yummy side dish!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This looks amazing! I can't wait to try it.

~Marianne

Christie Belle said...

YUM!!!!!!