Saturday, May 12, 2007

Tempting chocolate truffles

Yesterday, I decided to try making my own chocolate truffles. The result is before you. They might not look as good as store-bought, but I assure you, they are delicious.

To make those, you will need:

300 gr dark chocolate
100 gr white chocolate
50 gr butter
1\3 cup chopped nuts
250 ml cream
2 tbsp. brandy or liqueur
cocoa powder or coconut chips

Break the chocolate and cut butter into small pieces; melt it all together, then add the cream, nuts and brandy. Let the whole thing cool off. The melted chocolate smells terrific!

Put into freezer for 2 hours (or more, if you feel it's too soft to work with), and roll those yummy chocolate balls in cocoa powder or coconut. That was when the real fun began! I wish I had a picture of my hands and face taken. I was covered with chocolate and cocoa powder... but I had such a good time!

Put the ready truffles back into freezer for another couple of hours and serve. Surprisingly, they come soft enough even out of the freezer.

4 comments:

Emily said...

Yum, they look amazing Anna! Will have to try those out when I've finished my finals!

In His care, Emily

Anna S said...

Emily,
You might even want to try them to sustain you during studying for those finals :P Good luck!

Emily said...

That is very true Anna! Hmm, I have some time in about a week or so - may have to make them then!

In His care, Emily

Autumn said...

I absolutely LOVE homeade truffles. Mom makes them at Christmas every year. And they are great! Hers are dipped in chocolate though, not rolled in the powder.