Friday, May 18, 2007

Yummy carrot cake

I thought I lost this recipe, and was so thrilled when I found it that I decided I should make this yummy carrot cake today.



To make it, you will need:

175 gr (6 oz) sugar - I used less, it depends on how sweet you like you cake
175 gr (6 oz) oil (I used canola)
3 large eggs, slightly beaten
3 carrots, grated
100 gr (4 oz) raisins
1 skin of orange or lemon, grated
175 gr (6 oz) all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla sugar


Mix eggs with sugar and oil. Add grated carrot, orange/lemon skin and raisins. Then add flour with baking powder, cinnamon and vanilla. Mix everything well; you should get an almost liquid mass.

Put in pre-heated oven (180C/350F) for 40-45 minutes.

Simple and delicious with a cup of tea or coffee. Enjoy!

8 comments:

Kristin said...

Your yummy cake photo makes my mouth water! Carrot cake is my favorite; I'll have to try your recipe sometime! Thanks for sharing.

AnneK said...

Anna,

I enjoyed your veg lasagna recipe you posted a while back. Can you please post more veg recipes if you have some? My husband is a vegetarian so I like to make more variety of veg stuff. I like your recipes since they are usually easy to make. :)

Anna S said...

Annie,

I'm glad you enjoyed that recipe, it's one of my favorites! I will make a post on veg food soon, for fellow vegetarians :P

Tracy said...

You bake lots, and yet you look so slim! Good for you...

Anna S said...

Tracy,

I bake a lot, but most of it is consumed by others :P

...Of course you mustn't forget that I'm vegetarian and I exercise daily... I think it also does its part.

Sheri said...

Looks yummy!

Christie Belle said...

This looks delicious! I love carrot cake, especially with some cream cheese icing:)

MrsB said...

This looks delicious! Thanks for the recipe.

MrsB