Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Beautiful blogs

I was given the Reflection Blogger Award by two lovely ladies – Sheri at Purely His and Emily at Unfurling Flower. Thank you! I appreciate this award and especially your kind, sweet, encouraging words.

In turn, I was supposed to nominate, in turn, five bloggers for this award, but the more I thought about it, the more difficult it became. There are just so many lovely blogs I enjoy, written by so many wonderful, special ladies. I couldn't bring myself to choose just five! I decided to do something a little different. If you look at my sidebar, you will see a list of beautiful blogs I visit daily. I thought I'm going to say a few words about each one of them; so here it goes, ladies. No awards – just my appreciation.

Cherish the Home, by Mrs. B. This blog is such a wonderful source of encouragement and inspiration for ladies who have no children but still choose to be full-time homemakers. In Cherish the Home, Mrs. B explains why being a keeper-at-home isn't a waste of time even if you have no children, how a keeper-at-home can bless her husband in various ways, and much more. This blog has such a beautiful sense of hospitality.

Clothesline Alley, by Mrs. Brigham. Mrs. Brigham defines herself as a 'recovering feminist', and is a devoted wife and delighted mother of precious 6-month-old Peapod. I love reading Mrs. Brigham's insight about femininity and faith, and also her thoughts about natural birth, breastfeeding and cloth diapering, which can be especially interesting to all the new mothers out there.

Eyes of Wonder, by Jewels. This lovely lady and her husband have ten beautiful children and one precious grandchild. Jewels has a talent for photography and shares many beautiful photos of the simple, beautiful, incredibly rich and blessed life of her family. Her writings shine with a spirit of gratitude and love of God.

Happy Hearts At Home, by Alexandra. Alexandra is the queen of frugality and shares hundreds upon hundreds of valuable tips for frugal homemaking, gardening and home education on her blog. I glean so much from her!

Lula's Hardt, by Sherry. This is probably the most peaceful and relaxing blog in the entire blogosphere! Whenever I have a stressful day and feel like slowing down, reading Sherry's blog always does the trick.

Maidens of Worth, by Anna Naomi and Miriam Rebekah. These two 16-year-old young ladies show that being a teenager doesn't mean you need to conform to the crazy norms of today's society. They show us an entirely different lifestyle of modesty, hard work and commitment to their families. What a blessing Anna and Miriam must be to their parents and siblings!

Making Home, by Jess. Jess also defines herself as a recovering feminist – and in many wonderful articles, explains why. Jess also shares her thoughts about wise environmental choices, educating children while focusing on God, and the importance of intimacy in marriage. What a blessing it is to read about the issue of intimacy in marriage, discussed in a very wise and tactful way.

Modestly Yours, by Wendy Shalit. Wendy Shalit is the author of a book that has had a tremendous impact on my life: "A Return to Modesty: Discovering the Lost Virtue". As you can guess, this blog is devoted to issues of modesty. Together with Wendy, other lovely ladies share their thoughts about modesty. I especially love reading posts by Taylor Moore, Allison Shapiro and Shira Stanleigh.

Paths of Peace, by Jordin. Jordin got married not long ago and is a keeper-at-home (by the way, if you intend to become a keeper-at-home from the moment of your marriage, you will probably have a season in your life as a childless homemaker! This season might last a year or a lifetime, and it's definitely something to prepare to). Jordin shares many wise thoughts about modesty, femininity, courtship, homemaking and being a helpmeet.

Perennial Pioneer, by Laura. Laura is a grown-up daughter who made the counter-cultural choice to continue living with her parents and be involved in the family business rather than pursue worldly success. As someone who also decided to continue living at home until I get married, it's so wonderful to know I'm not alone!

Purely His, by Sheri. Sheri is happily married and a mother of two precious, beautiful little girls. I love Sheri's views about modesty, purity, marriage and motherhood, and I appreciate the effort she puts into conveying these important messages to young ladies. Her Modest Monday posts are simply awesome!

The Walled Garden, by Michelle. Michelle is a farmer's wife and helps her husband raise sheep while learning the domestic arts. I first found Michelle's blog through LAF, and loved her posts about how ladies can have a wonderful and creative home education with limited resources. Michelle also writes about returning to a simple, more peaceful life, being wise stewards of the environmental resources we've been given, and much, much more.

Unfurling Flower, by Emily. Like myself, Emily is a 21-year-old college graduate and we have a lot in common regarding views on modesty, courtship, femininity, role of women and more. Emily's blog is a wonderful resource for young ladies and covers a variety of interesting topics.

Unless the Lord, by Tracy. Tracy is a happy wife and busy mother of 4 children. She is a full-time homemaker and does it beautifully. Tracy has a gift for writing and making even the simplest things seem so exciting. And if it weren't for all that, I'd visit her blog just for the great recipes!

… I understand this was a bit long, but I felt I simply must share with you at least some thoughts about all the lovely blogs which have been such a blessing to me (and many others). Thank you, ladies!

14 comments:

Emily said...

Thank you for writing about each of your favourite blogs, Anna - and thank you for your kind words about mine! :)

Tracy said...

Anna,
Thank you for your kind words about me. I love your list, too! Each of these are favorites of mine.

Laura Marie(Perennial Pioneer) said...

Anna,
Thankyou so much for your kind words, and inspiring comments. I am glad that you are encouraged, and I hope that we can become good friends.
Well got to go! Have a good 4th of July!
God bless!
Laura Perennial Pioneer

Autumn said...

Congratulations on being nominated! I was so surprised when she nominated me also. I felt very humbled. The colors of the award picture would look very pretty on your sidebar!

Lydia said...

Yay, more blogs!

You definately deserved your award, Anna. :)

Marianne said...

Anna - I so wish I would have been exposed to resources like you and the blogs you reviewed when I was just out of college. Unfortunately, I was a typical young college woman who went a little (not a lot) crazy and lived a pretty sinful life for the next 10+ years.

I am now married, beginning my walk with Christ, and expecting my first child in January. I consider you, and the other women you referenced, to be a real blessing as I learn to live this life.

Anna S said...

Marianne,

How I wish I was exposed to more positive influence in highschool!.. Before I could blink, I made some of the worst mistakes you can possibly think of. But God has a plan for each and every one of us, and I believe He chose the perfect time for you and me to come to Him.

Blessings to you!

Jordin said...

Thank you, Anna. That was such a sweet gesture! :)

I've been a slack blogger lately, with all of this new homemaking stuff on my plate! It's encouraging to know that you still benefit from the blog...I certainly enjoy yours! Now I'm going to take a moment and visit some of the others that you've recommended!

Mrs.B. said...

Anna,

Thank you so very much for your kind words about my blog--I am very touched.

And thank you for highlighting the blogs in your sidebar. Now I have some new ones to check out.

Blessings and Hugs!
~Mrs.B

Alexandra said...

Thanks Anna...I very much enjoy your blog as well. :)

Lauren Christine said...

Thanks for sharing those! I had no idea Wendy Shalit had a blog. I really enjoyed reading her book- now I think I'll go take a look!
blessings,
Lauren

Mrs. Brigham said...

Thank you very much for your kind words. Your blog is always such a delight to me and something I look forward to reading :o)

Anonymous said...

It was very interesting for me to read this article. Thanks for it. I like such themes and anything that is connected to this matter. I would like to read a bit more soon.

Anonymous said...

emm.. bookmarked thread!