Thursday, July 26, 2007

Donquijote – Free Spanish Lessons

For years, I have been using the Donquijote website to improve my Spanish vocabulary and grammar from home, and it has been beneficial to me, so I thought – why not share it? I'm not sure how it would fit someone who is just beginning, but if you already know some basics, it could be a great tool.

Their primary goal, of course, is advertising their Spanish courses in different countries, but there is also an option of free membership which allows you to receive a FREE weekly lesson + exercise to your email. You can also correspond via the site with other people who learn Spanish. I have been learning and practicing that way for a long time now, and my Spanish has definitely improved.

So, if you are interested in learning some Spanish online for free, go to http://www.donquijote.org/, scroll down until you see "Members Corner", and get your free membership.
… another example of how learning can be made interesting, cheap, convenient – and done from home.

11 comments:

Alexandra said...

Thanks for this. I've got a few of these free language sites bookmarked for a blog post. I'm always looking for more. :)

USAincognito said...

I have decided to also start a separate blog where I can share pictures of places I have been and things I have seen. Just launched it today and will probably post a picture a day. I do a lot of digital photography so this is something kind of fun for me that I have wanted to do for awhile. You can check it out at: http://polaroidexploratorium.blogspot.com/
But anyway. There are tons of places you can go online to learn just about anything! That is the great thing about the internet - we have such a large networking resource at our fingertips. Thanks for sharing this one!

andrea said...

I'm going to Spain on Tuesday, so this is actually quite helpful! I've been needig to improve my Spanish!

Anna S said...

Oh, Andrea, you are going to LOVE Spain (if it's your first visit there). It's so beautiful there! I wonder which parts of the country you're going to visit. Don't miss Toledo!

Laura H said...

Anna,
Do they have a french site? I am learning french, and need some help with it! Is there such a thing as a free french site, like Donquijote?
Just wondered!
Laura

Anna S said...

Laura, I'm not sure, as I've never studied French. You can make a Google search though!

andrea said...

Anna, we may stop in Toledo. Most of the time will be spent in Galicia (northwestern coast), and Leon. Yes, it will be my first trip to Spain. I've been to Europe before, not Spain.

Autumn said...

This sounds really cool. I would love to learn a foreign language. I would really like to learn German, but Spanish is always a good language to start with.
I might do Rosetta Stone curriculum some time during High School. I am not sure though, as it is very expensive!

Lydia said...

Thanks for sharing the link! :)

(To answer your question, unless something comes up and I have to be gone that day, I pretty much stick to it completely. Sometimes I switch the litterbox and vacuuming, or don't take as long of a walk, but other than that, I follow it.)

Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot ! I was in Madrid during the last 4 weeks. It was an amazing experience. I took an Intensive Spanish course program at International House Madrid www.ihmadrid.com The School is the best one in Madrid, better than Don Quijote, and methodology is very impressive. I have improved a lot my Spanish. You can check out more info on : http://www.ihmadrid.com/1/45/spanish-courses-in-madrid

Hasta la vista !

Jim

Anna S said...

Autumn,
I LOVE learning foreign languages. I believe it really makes your mind more flexible! It also allows me to work as a translator (my favorite job, as it can be done from home!)

Lydia,
You are so organized!!! It's fantastic.