Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Frugal face treatments

1. Olive oil scrub:

Take one teaspoon of olive oil and a bit of salt. Mix them together, then rub in circular movements for a couple of minutes and rinse away with warm water. This is super simple and will make your face silky and smooth!

2. Strawberry mush mask:

Take one strawberry and make mush from it. Use it like you normally use a facial mask – leave until it starts drying (approx. 15 minutes), rinse away with warm water. Your skin will feel wonderfully refreshed.

3. Cucumber treatment:

This one is the most simple of all! Take a piece of cucumber (preferably cold) and gently rub your face with it. The cucumber juice is very soothing and refreshing, especially after sunburns.

***
PS: On a different note, today I had a little accident. I was rushing downstairs, in a hurry to get to my next class, and didn't notice the stairs are a bit slippery. As a result, I fell and came sliding down. I tell you, that was a major ouch. I have some nasty bruises, but nothing serious.
... I should be more careful.

10 comments:

Emily said...

Great tips, thanks for posting Anna!

Kyla said...

I love homemade facials!! I am gald ath you were not hurt too badly from your fall.

AnneK said...

Hope you feel better soon, I will try those tips!

Autumn said...

I hope that you feel better!
These all sound really great. And cheap. We always have those things in the house. Doesn't the olive oil increase acne though?

Lindsy said...

Anna,

I have pictures posted now :) I'm not sure how worth the money the pillow idea is apt to be for people--even though it was certainly cheap--like how well such pillows tend to hold up, how limited sizes and shapes can be, how much stuffing would add to the cost of the mat, etc. But I have long been happy with the results of the pillow pictured....

LadyLydiaSpeaks said...

This is wonderful!

Anonymous said...

I'm fond of homemade facials as well. It's fun to concoct different things! And it's always easier on the budget. Baking soda is a favorite of mine lately (for both skin scrub & teeth).

Take it easy on the steps! Hope you're feeling better soon. (:

Brenda

Melissa said...

Great post! I'm sorry you got hurt! I hope you feel better soon! Don't you know ladies shouldn't be running! haha, just kidding! I'm EXTRA clumsy myself!

Anna S said...

Autumn,

I've never had acne so I really don't know what to say. Olive oil is especially good for dry skin, though.

Brenda,

I'd love to hear some more about baking soda beauty tips ! So far I only use it for cleaning.

Lindsy said...

Anna,

You might check out About.com. They have lots of tips on baking soda, vinegar, frugal living. . . Here is a link to an index of baking soda pages there:
http://homeparents.about.com/cs/householdtips/a/baksoda_index.htm