Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Jordin's chocolate chip cookies

Recently, I received the first issue of the 'Paths of Peace' newsletter I subscribed to. I would like to thank Jordin from 'Paths of Peace' for taking the time to compile it. Starting from the second issue, Jordin decided to create a separate newsletter blog.

Among other things, Jordin included in her first newsletter her favorite recipe of chocolate chip cookies. It was the best I ever tried (see picture below), thanks, Jordin!

And here's the fabulous recipe:

2\3 c. shortening

1\2 c. sugar

1\2 c. brown sugar 1 egg

1 t. vanilla

1 1\2 c. all-purpose flour

1\2 t. baking soda

1\2 t. salt

1 pkg. semi-sweet chocolate chips


Heat oven to 375 degrees. Mix shortening, sugars, egg and vanilla thoroughly. Measure flour by dipping/leveling/pouring. Blend dry ingredients; stir in chocolate chips. Drop rounded teaspoonfuls 2 " apart onto ungreased baking sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes. Cool before removing from baking sheet. Makes 3-4 dozen cookies.

Note: I didn't have brown sugar, so I just used 1 cup of sugar, they were still excellent. I wasn't sure about the chocolate chips either (how much I should use exactly), so I put in as much as I thought would be good - and it was good.


16 comments:

Coffee Catholic said...

Oooo boy I'd better stop looking at those cookies! Time to go make some apple crumble hehehe! GOD BLESS!

Mimi said...

cookies look really good... thanks for the recipe...and of course chocolate chip are my husband's favorite...

Jordin said...

Anna,

I'm so glad you liked the recipe! :D

I think I use a little more chocolate chips in mine...we like the eat cookies with our chocolate chips! ;)

They look great--and no, I didn't mind you sharing the recipe at all.

Rebekah S. said...

Chocolate chip cookies are my favorite!! Of course I'm slightly predjudiced to my own recipe. lol :) If you want, I could give it to you and you could try it as well if you want. Thanks for sharing this recipe with us-I will definitely try it! I've never made chocolate chip cookies with shortening before.

Anna S said...

Rebekah, yes, please share your recipe as well! :)

PhDCow said...

I love that it's now cookie-baking weather! I'll definitely have to try this recipe!

- Angela

Anonymous said...

A glass of cold milk to go with, & it's just about the perfect treat!!

Brenda

Hootin'Anni said...

White sugar....or brown sugar, they look scrumptious!! Leftovers? Pass 'em my please.

neuropoet3 said...

Oh yummy!! We'll have to try these sometime soon - I have to replenish my baking cupboard first though, we're out of flour and sugar!

I love fall - as soon as the weather turns cool I like to begin baking goodies and having hot cocoa or another warm drink with our read aloud time during lessons everyday. :) Yesterday was "Poetry" day - so we drank tea while I read out loud from T. S. Eliot's cat poetry. Looking at these cookies makes me think we should add them to our read aloud times as well -- maybe hot from the oven! :)

Thanks for sharing the recipe!
~Jenny

Sammybunny said...

Oh my goodness! Those look amazing! Unfortunately, I am unable to have dairy, sugar, sweetners, or refined carbohydrates, so i have had to come up with cookies that don't contain these wonderful foods...hmmm...I think i might actually put it in my blog!

Thanks for the comment on my site! it is wonderful to know that there are such godly ladies out there and I am so blessed to have found your blog! I enjoy reading it very much!

God Bless!

Coupon Addict said...

Those look so yummy. I read that you don't eat meat. That's really cool. We eat a lot of meatless meals for health & frugality. Do you think you will ever post some meal ideas and recipies for meatless meals?

Anna S said...

Coupon addict,

Yes, I'm vegetarian and really happy with that. I do have some recipes and meal idea in my 'kitchen' section, posted a way back, but I sure would like to add more, as time allows, and maybe share my typical daily menu.

Anonymous said...

I add a teaspoon of honey to my chocolate chip cookies, and it makes them really delicious and chewy.

Yum!
~Emily

Leah said...

Mmm. Those look really good! Hi. *wave* You probably don't know who I am,so I shall introduce myself. :) I am Ana's (anas-corner.blogspot.com) sister. She has told me so much about your blog and how wonderful it is and I figured I should check it out being that, from what I hear, we are quite like minded. Continue to look to Christ for all your needs.

Leah

Anna S said...

Emily, thanks for the tip!

Leah, hi, and thanks for stopping by!

Candy said...

Yum..thanks for sharing! :)