Sunday, October 28, 2007

Kitty on the keyboard

Hello there, fellow bloggers! Some of you are already familiar with me, but for those of you who haven't had the pleasure to know me yet, I'll introduce myself. My name is Becky, and a couple of months ago I adopted Anna's family and gave them the privilege to raise me and take care of me.

When Anna found me, I was a tiny helpless creature, more like a hamster than a cat; but look at me now! I'm a proud and gorgeous feline, leg-climber and furniture destroyer – and just wait until I have all my teeth!

To express my gratitude to Anna, I decided I will not let her have another boring day in her life. I give her regular exercise when I find my way into the washing machine, climb into cupboards, chase the vacuum cleaner or the other cat they have – that annoying creature won't even play with me, and for some reason hisses at me when I jump out at her and catch her tail.

Anna has learned by now she should never lock me up in the bathroom (how rude!) before making sure the toilet paper isn't within my reach. I did amazing decorative projects with it a few times.

I also wonder how come people don't appreciate it when I affectionately nibble their ears. Hmph. Weird humans. Oh well, I don't care, the important thing is that I'm now the owner of this household!















20 comments:

PhDCow said...

Awww! She looks just like our very own Blackjade -- she's very sweet!

Buffy said...

I wonder what the other cat, who was there before you, thinks about you being the owner of the household!

JME said...

How precious. It is so hard to believe she was that mini little thing.
Jana

mermade said...

Awwww!!! She's so cute!

Kathleen said...

Becky, it sounds like you make life quite an adventure for Anna! Don't be too hard on her now...

You sure have grown since we saw the first picture of you ;)

neuropoet3 said...

Becky sure has grown a lot! We are real cat-lovers at our house, so I have to admit that I have a real soft spot for new kitties (though I've been told that two is enough)! :) Which is, of course, true - our Dante, who came to us almost a year ago now, is enough to keep me on my toes for many years to come!

Thanks for sharing the pics Anna!

~Jenny

USAincognito said...

haha!! ;)
She definitely has grown!

Dawn said...

Such a big girl she's becoming! :) I wish I had a kitty *sniff sniff*

Becky knows she's queen of the house...LOL.

Christina said...

How cute!! My cats love "decorating" with tp also...lol

Anonymous said...

She's beautiful, Anna!! So healthy & strong-looking. (o:

Brenda

Andrea said...

Becky, you are beautiful! Your sense of interior design reminds me of my Maltese Dakarai when he was just a puppy; he was just the size of a toilet tissue roll himself, but he had little springs in his back legs and he would jump until he caught the end of the tissue in his mouth. Then he would run madly through the house, showing us how much prettier the tissue was when it was off the roll! I am sure he would support your decorative efforts wholeheartedly.

Crystal said...

Beautiful cat!

Mrs.B said...

ROFL!!

Coffee Catholic said...

What an extremely LONG kitten you have!

Anna S said...

My little panther! :)

Julie's Jewels said...

What a sweet kitty!! I love kitties and want one so badly. But hubby says no.

PandaBean said...

Awww, you have a little panda toy! :D Glad things are going well.

God Bless!

Rebekah S. said...

Oh, I just loved how this was written!! Simply precious. That little dear has gotten so big! Praise God that she has surived and is now thriving. How good He is! Thank you so much for sharing these cute pics with us! Reading the post and seeing them really made my day!

Rebekah S. said...

I adore cats! A new little Siamese kitty showed up on our front porch a couple weeks ago, meowing up a storm. We haven't the slightest idea where he came from, but we are so thankful that the Lord left this little blessing on our porch!!! He is simply the very sweetest thing!! He's the kindest kitty I've ever met. He'll just sit on your lap for hours and will just gaze into your eyes. lol I'll take a pic or two of him and post them on my blog asap.

College Gal said...

Such a cute kitty!!!