Sunday, October 21, 2007

Wholesome Mixes

Today I'd like to tell you about my find of the week – Kristy Howard's new e-book, "Wholesome Mixes". It contains all the tips and how-to's you ever wanted to know about why it pays off to make your own baking mixes, and how preparing them in advance can save you time and energy.



It was like a little light bulb went off in my head: the baked goodies we eat are almost always made from scratch – but I never thought that when I'm in the kitchen mixing up flour, sugar, cinnamon and baking powder for a cake or cookies, I can double or even triple the amount of dry ingredients, store them in a tightly closed container, and spare the time for measuring, pouring and mixing next time I bake. Thanks, Kristy!

"Wholesome Mixes" also provides:
- Helpful tips for storing your baking mixes
- How your homemade baking mixes can make a neat and thoughtful gift
- 25 mixes for easy, inexpensive and delicious-looking recipes (I'm looking forward to trying those!)

For more information and getting your copy of this excellent e-book, visit Kristy's website, "Homemaker's Cottage".

15 comments:

Haus Frau said...

hmmm...this *is* intriguing. :o)

Mary said...

The books sounds wonderful and I love the cover. I'm always looking for new ideas.

Thanks for sharing and also for commenting on my blog.

Have a great day.
Mary

Karen said...

I thought about doing when I was printing out jar recipes for Christmas gifts. I thought, if I can make it for them, why not make it for us too? It not only saves time, but it would be a lot cheaper than buying pre-packaged hot cocoa - and better too!

Tracy said...

Great tip! Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Mixes have become so handy for me to use over the years. It can streamline your cooking & baking. And yes, they make nice gifts, too!

Brenda

Leann said...

thank you so much for sharing this with us.I love cook books.in fact I collect them.I have a lot of them,never counted but guess its over 50.Ill have to count and see.
(((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))

JoAnn said...

I will have to check that book out. I've made some mixes before, but I haven't in a long time. Thanks for sharing it with us. :)
JoAnn

Kristy Howard said...

Thanks for posting about my eBook, Anna!!

Hugs,
Kristy

Mrs.B said...

Wow, I may have to check this out! (o:

Daughter of the King said...

Think this will be the next blog or site..I hop over to while waiting for my beloved to come home from work...the house is smelling so good....Beef stew..from Jordin's blog (Paths of Peace)....I tweaked it a bit...but boy does it smell good...please join us.
Deby

Anonymous said...

Are these made with white flour and sugar, or with healthier, natural ingredients?

Anna S said...

Anonymous: Kristy is a big fan of healthy foods, and all her mixes feature a good deal of natural, wholesome products.

Anonymous said...

< Kristy is a big fan of healthy foods, and all her mixes feature a good deal of natural, wholesome products. >

Thank you.
I'd like to get away from white flour and sugar and get more into natural foods. This e-book sounds very good. I'll look into it.

Rebekah S. said...

Oh, how neat!! I'll definitely have to look into purchasing this! Thanks so much for telling us about it!

Crystal said...

I know you posted this a while ago, don't know how I missed it 'till now...

Thanks for posting that wonderful find! I love books like this! I'll have to ask my hubby to get these for me for Christmas! ;-)

Please post more things like this when you find them.

I can't wait to download Wholesome Mixes.

Also, I'm working on a cookbook right now to raise funds for our adoption costs. Keep tuned to my blog to know when our cookbook is available. Also, if you have any recipes you're willing to share for our book please e-mail me. blog@getright.org

Thanks!
Crystal