Sunday, January 20, 2008

Back!


jerusalem 002, originally uploaded by Anna's musings.

Hello, ladies! I hope everyone had/is having a lovely weekend. I visited Jerusalem this past Friday, and due to poor time management didn't make it home before Shabbat, so I stayed as a guest with a very dear family. I thought I'd come home right after Shabbat, but that didn't work out either and I came home rather late yesterday. Not exactly what I planned, but at least I had a good time!

Jerusalem was lovely, as always. There is such a special atmosphere of holiness in the mountains and the sky above them. I prayed at the Western Wall and wanted to take a picture as well… but somehow, whenever I visit there, I just stand in awe and forget about my camera.

I would like to thank you; all the dear friends who wrote to me and let me know I'm in your thoughts and prayers. It means so much to me. Things are still very uncertain on my side, but my heart is calm. I have done all I can, and now I'm simply going to pray and put my trust in Hashem. He knows my heart, and He will give me just what I need at the moment. I will share more details, hopefully, next week.

13 comments:

USAincognito said...

Anna,
Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend in Jerusalem and a chance to spend time in prayer and contemplation. :) I am glad you were able to get away and focus on what was important to you. May God continue to give you peace of heart and peace of mind as you deal with the uncertainties at present. :)

Anna S said...

USA, I didn't spend a weekend in Jerusalem... sorry for not being clear enough! I got away from Jerusalem, but didn't quite make it home, haha. :-)

USAincognito said...

Aww..my mistake for the misunderstanding! ;)

Elizabeth said...

Aww ... Anna, I think I'm jealous! :-> But I am glad you have a wonderful time. I hope and pray you arrived home refreshed and ready for another week! :->

Coffee Catholic said...

Awesome picture!!

I wish I lived close to a holy city! You are VERY lucky! It's wonderful to hear that you had a good time and I love it when you *do* remember your camera hahahaha!!

Elizabeth Joy said...

Anna, do you have any photos of wildflowers from your corner of the world? I am having wildflower event on my blog, looking forward to spring. It would be so much fun to learn more about wildflowers from outside of the USA too. You can find out more info on my blog.

I'm glad your visit to Jerusalem was good. "Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart." Psalms

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy about the good time you had in Jerusalem, Anna. It is a fond wish of mine to visit Israel someday....I want to experience that holiness you describe. I want to visit all the well-known places, & maybe some not so well-known, & just let it all sink into me.

blessings,
Brenda

Serena said...

I am glad you are feeling calm, Anna. I love your photos, but, even though I've never been to the Western Wall, I sympathize with forgetting about your camera. Every time I see a photo of it, I just stop and stare. And that's just ink on paper! The real thing...oh, my, I can't even imagine!

Kristy Howard said...

Hi Anna, I've been meaning to drop you a line and let you know that you've been in my thoughts and prayers lately. Trust all is going well and will be well.

Thanks for another lovely glimpse into your world!

~Kristy

anna said...

Beautiful picture. I'd love to visit Israel. I'm glad you are finding calmness. You're in my toughts too. Happy new week (still quite new for you too, isn't it)!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the beautiful picture. I hope you stay safe & thanks for updating us.

God bless you -- Lisa in ND

Jen said...

What a lovely picture! Thank you for sharing it! :)

Karen said...

Beautiful picture! Wow!