Monday, January 14, 2008

Chocolate bomb brownies


pics 002, originally uploaded by Anna's musings.

Dear ones, thank you so much for all your prayers and support. I should have known my vague message was probably going to cause concern in some of you. So, just to make sure no one thinks something truly horrible happened: me, my family and everyone close to us are all well and healthy. There's no need to be too worried - it's just a period with a bit of stress and uncertainty... and this, too, shall pass. And once it does, hopefully I will be able to share more.

In the meantime, I'm doing my best to keep this boat afloat. Surely you can't go wrong with prayer, a good, healthy sense of humor, and... some brownies! I tried this super-quick and easy recipe last week and they were gone in a jiffy.

To make them, you'll need:

3 eggs
1 cup of sugar

- beat eggs with sugar

400 gr of your favorite chocolate (I took 2 parts of dark chocolate, 1 part of milk chocolate, and 1 part of white chocolate)
1 cup butter

- chop chocolate and butter and melt them together in a microwave oven or on the stove. Stir until the mass is smooth. Let it cool down a bit (but not enough to make it solid), and mix in beaten eggs with sugar.

Add and mix well:

1 cup flour
1\2 cup cocoa powder

Pour into baking tray. You can decorate with chopped nuts, chocolate, etc. Bake for approx. 20-25 minutes at 180C/350F. Don't let it sit in the oven for too long, because you'll want it to be rich and moist inside. Mmm.

20 comments:

College Gal said...

those sound and look wonderful! my "winter break" starts tuesday, and i think i'm going to have to do some baking. God bless you!
"As for God, His way is perfect; the word of the LORD is proven; He is a sheild to all who trust in Him." ~ Psalm 18:30

Rebekah S. said...

Wow, those look SO yummy!! :) Thanks for sharing-I can't wait to try them out!!

Haus Frau said...

i read your prayer request last night before bed and prayed then and there, while holding you close to my hardt in thought. God is leading you and will bring peace and rest to you. read Psalm 4:8 before you go to bed. I'll continue to pray for you.

oh goodie, looks like the college gal will be whipping up a batch of brownies tomorrow. yum! i hope she'll share with me. :o)

i posted a recipe for a rustic fruit popover. you might enjoy it. :o)

Kathleen said...

Oh my! Those look so sweet and rich! I'm finding chocolate rather icky these days, but those look...really tasty. :D

Terry said...

God Bless, you Anna. I know the Lord will see you through this challenging time. And being something of a brownie connissuer myself, I have to say that these look wonderful!

Elizabeth said...

Are these the brownies you told me about?!? They look SO yummy! I'll have to try them ... ! *Hug*

Wanda's Girl said...

"Ruby",
I'm so sorry to hear that your lovingly arranged life is being disrupted, but I'm praying for God to use this situation for His glory and your benefit. BTW, sorry for the delay in replying to your last email, but I'm working on it. :)
Rest in His promises this week, and enjoy the chocolate with which He has blessed you!

Dana

PhDCow said...

Oh my goodness, those look heavenly!

Mrs. Brigham said...

These look yummy!

Stephanie A. said...

MMM...these brownies look scrumptious. Unfortunately, I'm trying to bring my weight down a bit right now. I'll have to come back! Thanks!

neuropoet3 said...

I wish I had the ingredients for these!!!!! I could really use a chocolate boost today. Have a bite for me!
Peace,
Jenny

Adlyn said...

hmmm... looks tasty! *writes down recipe*

xoxoxoxo,
Adlyn

A Note From Theresa said...

That does look good.

Anonymous said...

MMMmmm!! They looke so tasty. Alright, I confess that chocolate IS my "drug of choice". I'm such a pushover!!

Brenda

Jimena said...

This morning my husband found the bar of cooking chocolate I knew I had bought, but just couldn't find anywhere in the kitchen... they had fallen somewhere behind the teas. I think I will try this recipe you shared. I'm sorry you are going through a hard time, but you do well in putting your trust in the Lord your God. This might be silly to share, but last night both my husband and I had really bad dreams, we just saw terrible things in our dreams and were afraid for our lives... but my husband prayed in his dream and God helped him, and God also helped me once I remembered I had Him and started reciting Psalms 23 in my dream. We both woke up shared our dreams, read the Bible, we prayed, I even cried a bit and we were so happy to know that even in our dreams we know where our help comes from and where to turn. The Lord will see you through, you can rest in Him. Prayers are being raised up for you too. Have a blessed day.

PamelaK said...

Ok, Anna, you really need to share your secret of how you stay so slim, trim, and petite eating all these wonderful goodies! My son saw the picture and is anxiously awaiting the day when I make these, which will hopefully be soon!
I'm sorry to hear you're going through a time of stress. I'm praying for you.
PamelaK

Karen said...

Yumm! I'd totally destroy my diet but otherwise I'd make those!

Liedeke said...

Well, it's a good thing I only made half the quantity. It was gone within an hour. Even my brother's girlfriend loved it (we had it yesterday, with our after dinner coffee) and she's the most perfectionist home baker I know (and yes, we're close enough for her to critique my efforts (-:). I made it with extra dark chocolate and some sugar sprinkles on top.
It was much easier than I always thought brownies were.

Thanks Anna, for making it look so delicious that I just had to try it.

~Liedeke

Leigh said...

Anna, I made them too!!! They were delicious!! I am going to make more for Sabbath Services. I am sure they will be a big hit. Thanks again! :)

Leigh

Leigh said...

And I just realized these are unleavened! I can't wait to make them during Days of Unleavened Bread. Thank you SO much!!!

Leigh :)