Friday, January 11, 2008

Have a blessed Shabbat


zfatarch, originally uploaded by Anna's musings.

It's less than two hours until Shabbat here, so I'm only popping in to say a little hello to all you ladies. I wish everyone a wonderful, refreshing and relaxing weekend!

By the way... I'm not sure exactly how many Jewish readers I have here, but I'd like to make a humble request to all of you: even if you don't normally keep the commandments of the Shabbat day, I kindly ask you not to visit this blog, post comments, or email me during Shabbat (your time zone, naturally). There's no way I can know if you visited of course, but I trust that you will be respectful of this modest little wish. This request only applies to Jews.

Also, I usually try to moderate comments more than once a day, but of course comments won't be updated during Shabbat, so keep it in mind. Not long ago I received emails from dear ladies who wondered why I didn't publish their comments, and whether they said something wrong, simply because it took me a bit more than one day. :o)

Blessings to all of you from Israel! PS: I planned to visit Jerusalem today, and pray at the Western Wall, but due to the visit of Mr. Bush Jerusalem is supposed to be packed today and security is probably heavy enough to make it almost impossible to navigate. Thus, my trip to Jerusalem - and hopefully, more pictures - will have to wait.

11 comments:

Linz said...

Happy Shabbat Anna. Though not a Jew, I am a Sabbath keeper and I think your wish is just right. I wouldn't have been on the computer during the Sabbbath, but since it's Friday morning here I'd thought I'd stop in and say hello. :)

Anonymous said...

Too bad about your postponed visit to Jerusalem...I have been trying to catch the news here & there of our President's trip to Israel. Anyway, yes!...please, take lots of pictures when you do go.

Much to do here at home today. I always try to make the best use of my Friday, so as to enjoy the weekend, in a more relaxed fashion, with my family. Blessed Shabbat to you & yours!

warmly,
Brenda

Maggie said...

Have a lovely Shabbat Anna. Many blessings that it is peaceful and prayerful for you and your family.
Cheers,
Maggie

Rebekah S. said...

I pray that you have a truly wonderful, restful Shabbat, Anna! Thank you for your dear wishes to us, and for that truly beautiful picture!

How neat to be able to make trips to Jerusalem like that. We're so far away from Israel here in America, so you're blessed indeed to be able to do that! :)

In Him,
Rebekah

Sarah said...

I visited Israel in October 1999 and I'll never forget it. A beautiful wonderful place.

Have a lovely rest.

Blessings.

Ahuva said...

Have a wonderful shabbos! (written 4 hours and 51 minutes before candle lighting)

deb said...

If you get the chance could you post about a Sabbath celebration. I think that many of us would love to hear about it.

Laura H. said...

Have a blessed Shabbat too. I hope you have had a good week. I haven't forgotten you. And God bless you!

Laura H.

Michelle said...

Have a blessed Shabbat!

Kate said...

Shavua tov, Anna (as it will be motzi shabbat by the time you read this), and I hope you had a sweet and restful Shabbat! (And now I should turn off the computer and go light candles, as I'm into the 18 minutes already.)

Anna S said...

Deb, I'll try to do that, as time allows.

Kate, Shavua tov to you too!