Monday, May 12, 2008

'Hooked' again!

After a long time, I have my crochet hook back in my hands - and let me tell you, it feels good. This is my first attempt at making baby booties, and the one you see in the picture isn't quite finished, so I won't be too upset if you don't recognize it for what it's supposed to be. ;-) As it is said, practice makes perfect.

By the way, the booties aren't for me. I've always wanted to make baby things - so cute - but had no one to give them to. Now that I'm married (my husband is one of five siblings), I became an Auntie to many little ones. How fun!

I don't remember the last time I actually sat down to crochet. I just throw my current project into my bag and work on it whenever I have a spare minute - on trips, or while waiting for my husband to finish his errands. It makes time pass more quickly, and I feel more productive.

I hope your day is wonderful, and I thank you for all your lovely comments and emails. I had many interesting questions sent my way in the last couple of days, and I will try to respond as soon as time allows - thank you so much for your patience and understanding. My husband and I are having a busy week, and too many things to count await my attention, so I'd better sign off now and leave you with the warmest wishes from your friend,

Mrs. Anna T

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Yay! You got some wool and started crocheting again! The booties are adorable ... it must be fun being an aunt! :->

Cristina (a.k.a. "Stramenda") said...

Anna, crocheting is so relaxing, I'm glad you're back into it.

Your occasional postings really make my day, I love reading of your life and your worldview. Its like sunshine on a cloudy day.

Sincerely
Cristina

PhDCow said...

Crocheting is such a relaxing and productive activity!

I miss doing it, but my carpal tunnel keeps me from making more than half a row at a time.

Enjoy!

- Angela

Lauren Christine said...

Looks lovely! I adore being an Auntie to my brother in law's baby :)

Thursday's Child said...

Oh, you had my hopes up for a second there. LOL

They do look like booties...once I actually took a proper look at them. I love the color too.

Enjoy being an auntie!