Thursday, May 1, 2008

A little down, a little up

I had so many plans for the past couple of days - rearrange the house; clean; prepare a few dishes for Shabbat in advance. But even though just two days ago I was a bundle of energy, yesterday I found myself down with something that seems like a virus or an infection - which will be checked today (I'd rather not go into details right now).

I found myself unable to do most, if not all, of what I'd planned. Last night, I couldn't fall asleep for more than half an hour straight, until finally at around 3 A.M. I got out of bed and started praying. For the first time in two days, the pain ceased completely and I fell asleep.

My dear husband has been so wonderfully supportive. He took yesterday off work and took care of me the entire day; today he went to work without complaining for being woken up several times during the night. Despite the pain and exhaustion, I feel so wonderfully blessed by his love and devotion.

No reason to worry about me, though - I don't think this is anything serious, and I hope that, Lord willing, it will pass. In the meantime, I will savor the good things - a clean, soft bed; a cup of hot tea; and the treasured knowledge that I'm loved and cared for. I will simply try to take things slow and make the most of each day.

I wish everyone a lovely weekend, and hope to talk to you again soon!

Your friend,

Mrs. Anna T

19 comments:

Kittee said...

I hope that you feel better soon!

God bless!

-Kittee

USAincognito said...

Hope you get to feeling better! Wow! You actually got your husband to take a day off from work to stay home and take care of you! I think this is a first I have ever heard of a man doing this for his wife. You are truly blessed by having such a wonderful, caring husband!! :)

elena rulli said...

Rest and enjoy the love of your sweet husband, I'm sure it will be the best medicine ever; in the meantime, know you are in my thoughts, even if we never met - and probably never will - in person.

AnneK said...

Are you PG? :)

Anonymous said...

Hello Anna,

I've been lurking for a while, having come via Rhonda Jean's website. I hope you feel better soon - today I am havig a day off work as my body is also telling me to take it easy :)
I look forward to reading your thoughts as they help me gain a different perspective (our lives are so dissimilar in so many ways and yet oddly I recognise touches of my own spirituality in yours).

with love, Sparkly

yoshi3329 said...

oh I'm so glad you have a husband that so supportive and I hope you feel much better next week. get some rest and hope to read your next blog post soon!

http://adlynmorrison.blogspot.com/

Terry said...

Feel better soon, Anna!

tales_from_the_crib said...

Hope you get weller soon!
Prayers and hugs~

Anonymous said...

I pray for you quick recovery, Anna. Yes, sweet rest is a blessing from the Lord!
Ruthie

Kacie said...

Aw man, sorry to hear! I hope that you get well soon!

Buffy said...

I hope you feel better soon.

Erica said...

Praying that you will be completely restored to health. What a joy to be so well cared for by your husband.

Anonymous said...

Dear Anna,

I'm sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well! I hope you will get a speedy recovery and be well soon. And your hubby is just so sweet! You're a truly lucky lady, and you totally deserve it. :)

Now have plenty of rest, and enjoy your hot cup of tea.

With prayers,
W

Sammybunny said...

Feel better soon, Anna!

ruizbe82 said...

Hope you feel better, Anna. :)

Anonymous said...

Yes, indeed...you do need to take things a bit more slowly for a little while. I hope you're feeling back to normal very soon!

Brenda

S. Belle said...

My prayers are with you for a speedy recovery. Being sick can be so depressing. Currently my baby and I have bad colds, and I can't wait until we're both back to normal!

neuropoet3 said...

I will pray you feel better soon dear Anna. Do let us know how you're doing when you get the chance...

Peace,
~Jenny

Lillian the Ponderer said...

I hope you are feeling better soon Anna.