Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Just a quick hello

Hi there, dear friends. I hope everyone had a lovely day. I had my husband here at home with me today, and it has been a huge blessing to be able to spend an entire day together, apart from Shabbat of course. Of course, it means not much got done around here regarding household chores (I still have unfolded laundry from yesterday, waiting for me to tackle it), but it can wait. Spending time with my sweetheart is more important. :-)

Thank you so much for all your wonderful comments and emails, and particularly for the valuable advice about raising goats. I gleaned some very interesting information. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. By the way, I apologize for the delay in posting your comments - yesterday I had some problems with Blogger that wouldn't let me sign in.

Tomorrow, I expect to have a busy day, as the week goes on and work piles up -but unfortunately I haven't been feeling particularly well today. I hope I feel better tomorrow. Your prayers would be appreciated.

I've started learning about canning and preserving vegetables, which is something I've always found intriguing. I use tips from a 50-year-old Romanian cookbook (published in Russian), and they have been pretty helpful, as can be a quick call to my mother. I hope to share more with you about canning, sewing, knitting, and all the daily joys and challenges of homemaking - really soon.

But right now I'm off to bed. I hope you're looking forward to a warm soft bed as well, or to the beginning of another lovely day - depending on which part of the world you are.

Mrs. T

3 comments:

lady jane said...

I'm sorry to learn you're feeling a bit under the weather, MrsT. Rest well and prayerfully you'll rise in the morning to wellness.

I've only canned fruit preserves, but I remember elderly aunts and grandmothers canning fruits, vegies and meats. My grandmother was a 'modern' woman (and a 'flapper' in her day) and as such, had no interest in home arts. My mother followed her lead (although she is a gifted handiworker). I sense that my canning 101 education will need to come from blogs that share such information. :o)

I hope the dawn of your new day is laced in grace and everything lovely.

Lillian the Ponderer said...

I hope you are feeling better, my prayers are with you.

Kelleigh said...

Hope you're feeling better soon Anna!

~Kelleigh