Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Surrounded by loveliness







Just a few pictures from a lovely evening stroll with my husband, capturing the simple beauty of our surroundings, bending like children to examine every plant that suddenly seems unique. Look how at the wonderfully red shade of the bricks of the house in the picture before last.
I hope your day was meaningful in its little details; I hope it included spending time with your loved ones; deep, sincere prayer straight from your heart; enjoying sunshine or rain, wherever you are; plenty of good food, laughter, friendship and conversation. Simply cherishing life, precious life, in all its countless joys and blessings, challenges and trials, tears and sorrows and comforts. Cherishing a day that will come only once - there never was a day like it, and never will be a day quite like it again.
Trails of more and more phrases are passing now and then in my head, but I currently feel too tired to capture even a single one. So I will say goodbye for now, friends, and hope to "see" you and "talk" to you again soon.
Mrs. T
*
P.S.: the highlight of today for me was visiting Grandma, and sharing a big bowl of sweet cherries with her, together with lots of laughter and happy memories. I'm so thankful for having Grandma here with us, vibrant and full of life at 92. Grandma is such a perfect example for remaining optimistic and cheerful, even in the most dire circumstances (walking for three days and three nights in the middle of winter, in a Siberian wood full of wolves, with no weapon but a small axe at Grandpa's belt, holding her little son and keeping a bottle of milk for him warm under her clothes...). I know it meant so much to her, to see me married - the first of the grandchildren, and incidentally the youngest.

17 comments:

Lady-in-the-Making said...

I love this post, Anna. You seem so happy and contented in your new married life. I'm happy for you. :)

USAincognito said...

Aren't evening walks just the best? Love to watch the sun set and hear the night animals begin to stir. (and so does Kira my puppy! she wants to chase them all! lol.)

Lily said...

You do live in a beautiful place. I nominated you for an award

Thia said...

Those purple poofy flowers? My parents have some of those. They also look really cool when they're done flowering...still poofy, but not purple.

Calamity Jean said...

Hi Mrs. T,

I haven't commented in a very long time but I have been popping in to check on you every day. I am so happy for you and your new marriage. Your posts remind me of our first few years of marriage...I know you are treasuring every moment! I have loved the peek into your life and culture.

Much love and many blessings!

deb said...

What lovely photos!

Julia said...

Beautiful post. What a story about your grandma!

Courtney said...

i find that interesting that you wear your wedding ring on your right hand! is that a jewish tradition? Here it is the left hand..

lady jane said...

It's been a while since I've posted but I've visited a number of times. I love the pictures of your surroundings. The intricate detail of God's creation is amazing, isn't it?

Love the stone walls and far off views.

Terry said...

Great photos, Anna. Your happiness and contentment in your role as a new bride is wonderful to "witness"-albeit through blogland. You are bery blessed to have your grandmother still with you at the age of 92. My husband has his maternal grandmother (85) but that's the only great-grandparent my children have had the pleasure of knowing.

Candy- A Pretty Home said...

Hi Anna
I wanted to let you know that I sent you an envelope on May 29 and the lady at my post office said it would reach you in 2-2 and a half weeks. Let me know when you get it so that I know it reached you. It may take longer than 2.5 weeks though depending if the mail is slow..
hugs
candy :)

Mrs. Amy Brigham said...

Beautiful pictures, Anna, and the bit you shared about your grandmother made me smile. Oh how I miss my grandparents now that I am across the country from them, but at least we still have phone calls to share. :o)

Sarah R said...

Anna, you haven't been feeling well in quite a while. Is everything ok?

Beverly said...

Oh Anna!!! I have that exact same titchel!!! It is one of my favourites... I have it in two colours, the one you have in your photos, that pink / red colour, and a sandy brown colour, which I in fact wore just yesterday. =^.^=

Lovely photos... and a joyful entry all around. I'm so happy to "hear" you being so glad. ^.^

Alexandra said...

Anna,

Your face radiates joy: you look very relaxed. There is a softness now. Life is so much easier going through it together, and it only gets better as the years go by. God bless. :)

jen said...

What beautiful surroundings by your house. Is that the view from your house?

I would love to see more of your house someday. It looks so peaceful where you are.

Jennifer

Michelle Potter said...

It's so lovely to take a daily walk, isn't it? I take mine in the mornings when it is cooler here. I hope you continue to take walks as often as you can, especially once you get into the child-rearing years. It can be so nice to get everyone out of the house for some exercise and fresh air, and it really becomes the thing you look forward to!