Wednesday, July 30, 2008

In times of trouble



This week I found out that one of my favorite people in the blogging world, Amy, is going through a difficult time. I have been "visiting" Amy for over a year now, and I'm sure that those of you who had the chance to stop by Amy's blog at least once, came back again and again, attracted by the gentle, kind, loving and peaceful spirit of her writings. Amy is a devoted wife, helpmeet and mother, and has a passion for taking care of her family and home.

Recently, Amy's health began deteriorating, and it appears she has multiple sclerosis. Amy's husband is a soldier who is now deployed for a year; in the meantime, Amy is beginning to have more and more difficulty performing daily tasks. She has a 20-months-old daughter to take care of. Fortunately several kind people in her community offered their help and support in all that might be needed.

Amy's recent posts were amazing in their courage, grateful spirit, and faith in the Lord. Her words made me realize, more clearly than ever before, how much I have to be thankful for at this very moment: I'm alive and well, and not suffering from any pain or disability; my dear husband is also well, and even though he comes home late, at least I get to see him every day. I'm carrying a precious child, whose arrival is anticipated with prayerful joy. Soon we'll be moving to our own wonderful little home - an endless field for creativity and good work as we make a really cozy little nest out of it. Truly life is wonderful beyond measure - I have been so very, very generously blessed, and I'm ashamed of grumbling occassionally about things like dishes that need to be washed again, and again, and again. Bring on those dishes and dirty floors - at least I can wash my dishes and floors without any difficulty, and for that, I'm grateful.

I invite everyone to join in prayer for Amy, Sean and their little daughter. May the Lord faithfully guide them and protect them, every day during this hard time.

11 comments:

Mrs Amy said...

I know what you mean Amy is such a sweet spirited woman and to hear about her troubles was hard, particulary since I was so far away! But we can all be with her in prayer and thought, we are lucky to have a God who can unite us like that!

Sammybunny said...

I just love reading Amy's posts and was terribly troubled to read her most recent words. I think your post for her is wonderful and I know she will appreciate prayers and good thoughts wherever they come from!

Bethany Hudson said...

Anna,
Thank you for garnering more prayer warriors for Amy. Her situation is, indeed, difficult, and as I pray for her each day, I feel more and more "spoiled" by God. When I face troubled times in the future, I know that having seen Amy approach this season with such grace and trust in the Lord will be an inspiration to me. I feel so blessed to be near enough (about and hour and a half away) to Amy that I can actually spend time with her and help her out when possible.
~Bethany

Kat with a K said...

Thanks for mentioning this. I'll be praying for them.

USAincognito said...

Amy is indeed a wonderful woman of God! I have been blessed, as well, to call her a friend since meeting her online so long ago.

Milena said...

I will include her family in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

I'll be praying for Amy and her family.

deb said...

I will certainly add my prayers to yours for Amy.

Vicky said...

I, too, read Amy's blog - in fact, that's how I came upon yours. Thank you for asking for prayer for her and her family.

Julie said...

Amy,

Can I throw in my lot? I am pleading for prayer for my niece - in a desperate situation.

Details over at "Herding Grasshoppers", and many thanks to you and your readers,

Julie

MarkyMark said...

Anna,

Thank you for this post; I needed this reminder about gratitude. When we practice it, it's harder to remain angry at anything or anybody...

MarkyMark