Sunday, August 3, 2008

Chocolate balls: a fun and easy treat


chocolateballs 001, originally uploaded by Anna's musings.

I made these easy and delicious chocolate balls a few days ago, and they were loved by everyone! Very fun and simple to make.

Here's the recipe:

500 gr dry biscuits, broken into small pieces
1 cup sugar
100 gr butter
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup water
1 tablespoon good cognac or liqueur
vanilla extract to taste
chopped coconut, chopped nuts or cocoa powder for rolling

In a pot, bring to boil sugar, water and cocoa powder. Take pot off the stove and add butter; stir until it melts. Add biscuits. Make balls and roll in coconut, chopped nuts or cocoa powder. Put into the freezer or refrigerator, depending on how hard you like them.

This quantity made 20 healthy-sized chocolate balls for me, but if I made them a bit smaller, I think I could easily get 30.

~*~*~

Dear friends, I hope everyone had a good weekend. My husband and I had a refreshing, restful Shabbat. I must say I was very happy to hear from so many ladies who wrote asking for the baby set crochet pattern. I had no idea there are so many crochet lovers lurking around here! :-) I hope you enjoy this sweet pattern, and have many, many quiet, peaceful and happy hours working on it. Those of you who have blogs - I will be delighted if you post pictures of your work and pop in to give me an update when you do!

Blessings to all from your friend,

Mrs. T

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry but I didn't understand this part "500 gr dry biscuits" is that grams? Also, when you say biscuits do you mean cookies or do you mean actual bread biscuits? I would like to make this for my dh because he is working overtime this week.

Thanks so much for the help.

Many Blessings :)
Ace

Mrs. Anna T said...

Ace,

gr = grams
biscuits = dry cookies

Bethany Hudson said...

Those look tasty, Anna. Btw...I awarded you a Brilliante Weblog Award. Check out my blog for details :)
~Bethany

Anonymous said...

Hi Anna,
Love your blog! How many tablespoons make a gram? Also, for a different variety, you can also try rolling the balls in sprinkles. I had that in Greece. Great recipe. Thanks.
Irene