Monday, September 22, 2008

We left 17 years ago...



Today Mom got back from her nostalgia trip to the Ukraine. We left USSR in 1991, when it was on the point of collapse and chaos reigned. The pictures are of my family's old home and some places close to where we used to live. I hardly remember any of them.

Of course, much has changed. However, Mom enjoyed her vacation and the time she spent with some old friends and co-workers. Much of her adult life was spent there, and no matter what, to her it will always feel like home.

I feel so privileged for being given the opportunity to grow up and build my home in Israel, where the Jewish people longed to be for many centuries. I truly cannot imagine any other place where I could live.

6 comments:

lady jane said...

You are home. What a wonderful knowledge to own. :o)

Thank you for sharing a few pictures of your mother's trip. A dear friend (and her family) of mine left the Ukraine about the same time at the age of 12 and came to the USA. She has shared bits and pieces of what life was like.

Another dear family I know left Russia about 13 years ago. Mr.K shares with my husband and I about life there and the religious persecution of those who are devout in their faith, be it Hebrew or Christian. So severe in their family especially up to the 70's.

Bless you this day.

USAincognito said...

What a beautiful place you came from but I know GOD has you right where you are meant to be. :) Home in the land HE promised the Israelites.

Mrs. Anna T said...

I will kindly remind my visitors that "Domestic Felicity" is NOT a political blog. I have my stand in matters of politics. I could engage in lengthy discussions. But this blog simply isn't the place for that.

Those who feel the need to know my opinion on political matters, and specifically on Israeli politics, are welcome to email me.

deb said...

You always take such lovely photos.

Mrs. Anna T said...

Deb, the photos here were taken by my Mom, and most of the recent photos on this blog were actually taken by my husband. :-)

Buffy said...

Your mother is an amazing lady.