Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Beyond the holidays




With a hint of sadness, we waved the holidays away. What a fun time it was - yet busy, and absolutely packed with activity - which is why I haven't updated the blog for a week; how time flies! If it wasn't Shabbat or holiday that day, it was to be next day, and so we were preparing for it - or else, visiting someplace or having some family over in our humble little home.

Many times, I blushed with the thought of the limitations and imperfections of our household - such as, you know, too little room, too few chairs, not enough plates and cutlery... but the fun of having people over was so worth it! You don't need to have the perfect home to be good hosts - warmth and hospitality go a long way to make everyone comfortable.

Now we are back to routine, which is delightful in itself, in the normal and ordinary flow of days. There is so much to do - entire areas of the house to clear away and put in order, something that was put on hold during the holidays. For the past few weeks, I had my dear husband at home all to myself, which is a rare treat for us. We were busy spending time together, which means I spent a lot less time on house upkeep than I normally would. Now is the time to catch up.

On one of our free days during Sukkot, we visited the Western Wall in Jerusalem, pictures of which you can see above. Below is a photo of me - I know I look very tired here, after a particularly steep walk uphill - but overall my energy level is more than satisfactory, and I'm feeling wonderful. More photos of pregnant me coming, hopefully, soon.

To all the wonderful ladies who emailed me - thank you so much for your patience! During the past weeks, I watched with concern as I opened my inbox every day how the number of new emails grows, and grows, and grows... I know many of you have been waiting for a reply for weeks now, and I hope to catch up with you soon.

In the meantime, I send you the warmest friendly wishes for a wonderful day from

Mrs. T

15 comments:

Buffy said...

I am glad to hear you are all right as I have been thinking of you. Take your time catching up.

deb said...

Soon you will have the joy of sharing all this excitment with your new child. I am so happy for you.

You look very lovely, although tired in the above photo.

Thank you for sharing part of your holiday with us.

Ways of Zion said...

So glad to hear that the holidays went well for you. You look great! Thank you for sharing the pictures, looking at the Kotel reminds me of our visit there 2 years ago.

Marianne said...

You look beautiful, Anna. Thank you for sharing those lovely pictures.

Lara said...

Glad you are back, Anna! Missed you, but pleased that your holidays were blessed. I can't believe how soon our babies will be here!

lady jane said...

True hospitality is about people, not things or spaces. Isn't it a blessing when we can accept that sweet reminder? Sure is for me! We have a small home but large enough for many hearts.

Dear Anna, you're lovely. Thank you for sharing a new picture of you and the gentle swell of your full womb. :o)

Rest, dear one. Rest.

Kelly said...

Lovely photos Anna! I'm glad your holiday were blessed.

elena rulli said...

You looked a bit tired in that picture but... was there a contented smile on your lips? Anyway, you are one of the loveliest pregnant women I've ever seen, it seems like you are blooming with you sweet child, wonderful!
Have a restful week
E

Susan B said...

You look lovely Anna. I am glad to hear that you are doing well. Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful pictures.

Bethany Hudson said...

So glad to hear you had a wonderful holiday season, Anna! Welcome back to blogland.
~Bethany

Megan said...

The first time my husband and I hosted in the little apartment we rented just after getting married, we had to ask our guests to bring their own utensils! We only had enough for the two of us. Yet we had a wonderful time and I am sure our guests did as well.

So glad to hear you are feeling well!

MarkyMark said...

Anna,

When I was in the Navy, we were SUPPOSED to make a port call in Israel. I was so stoked, since you have THOUSANDS of years of history there! Unfortunately, that port visit got canceled... :(

MarkyMark

Julia said...

You look great! And I can tell you're pregnant now. :)

Anonymous said...

Dear Anna,
Our Family lives in the United States and we have just finished celebrating Sukkot. What a wonderful time the High Holy Days are. A time of rejoicing and reflection. I am so glad that you are doing well with your pregnancy and I want to say Mazel Tov as this is my first comment on your wonderful blog.

Adina

Anonymous said...

Yes, we certainly missed you, Anna. Good to hear about your adventures & other activities during the holiday time. It really is so fun to have people over for a visit, isn't it? And I'm sure your guests will remember the warmth of your hospitality...long after they've forgotten the shortage of utensils!

most fondly,
Brenda