Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A little update and some neat links

We finally have our new washing machine plugged in and working, and it has been such a pleasure to use it - amazing how much ease and comfort it brings to our lives. I'm so happy we've worked this out before the baby is here. Yesterday, caught by an adrenaline rush, I found myself hanging the laundry at 1:30 in the morning (!) - for some reason, I just couldn't sleep. Perhaps it's somehow connected to the fact that our baby was doing a very, very wild dance in Mom's tummy. :o)

And now, to some of my latest blog-reading finds...

My blog friend Jenny (known as "The Retro Housewife") opened a new blog where she talks about living with her recently diagnosed Celiac disease, and provides useful information and gluten-free recipes. Have a look.

A wonderful article about why "just staying at home" is so difficult in our generation.

"We don't have the management and multitasking skills to drive the household forward, and often wind up getting dragged behind a run-away mob of runny-nosed hooligans, maybe not every day, but often enough to lead to at least minor bouts of despair."

Simple Green Frugal Co-op - a lovely new blog about green living, sustainability, and making more on less. Highly recommended.

Just for fun: even while recovering from a c-section and an infection, Michelle has a sense of humor that makes everything seem much better. This one really cracked me up.

... "You're still crying? What's wrong, little baby? Do you have a diaper rash?"

*Moron! Do I need to draw a picture or something? I'm saying it loud and clear: GIMME MILK!* **Sigh** *This woman claims to be my mother but I'm starting to have some serious doubts. She doesn't exactly strike me as bright enough to be a mum...* "WAAAAAAAHHH!!"

Serena wrote an extensive user review on cloth diapers - lots of valuable information for new moms and moms-to-be. Worth checking out.

And if we're on the topic, here's a neat pattern for crocheted soakers.

10 comments:

Tracy said...

I'm so glad for you and your new washing machine, Anna. What a relief you must feel. I was often up late at night when I was pregnant, and even when my children were young, doing household chores. We must work when we have the energy!

TheRetroHousewife said...

Thanks for putting my blog up Anna.I LOVED the one about staying at home. I cant wait to read the rest!

Kristi said...

Sometimes pregnancy-related insomnia does happen, but thankfully it was only on a once-in-a-while basis during my 3 pregnancies. Then I would sleep really great the next night! :-)

Dawn said...

I added a picture of Michelle's baby to the Walled Garden blog! Just thought I would let you know!

Blessings,
Dawn

MarkyMark said...

Anna,

Congrats on finally getting the washing machine! That is indeed propitious timing-just in time for the 'new arrival'...

MarkyMark

squix said...

Thanks so much for these links!! ♡

Tracy said...

I've enjoyed my visit to your blog :) LOved the article you linked to on modern motherhood.

Serena said...

I'm glad my ramblings about cloth diapers were useful to you, Anna!

Yay for your new washing machine! Just in time, too...your baby is going to be here so soon!!!!!!!!

Kristy Howard said...

I'm looking forward to checking out these links, thanks for sharing!

Take a peek at my blog- you just won The Marie Antoinette Real Person Award. :o)

~Kristy @ Homemakers Cottage

Kristy Howard said...

Sorry... left you the wrong link... try this one!!

~Kristy @ Homemakers Cottage