Thursday, February 12, 2009

Blessed times


Becoming a mother sent me on a path of sweet, quiet, gentle-paced days; the world may be bustling, but here, in my little corner of the word, I give in to the comforting rhythm of nursing my child, eating simple meals, doing laundry, washing the dishes, and tidying up just a little bit.

In the little snippets of time I have here and there throughout the day, I'm re-reading some of Laine's Letters. So inspiring. I encourage all you ladies to take a look at this one, Why I Love Homemaking:

"... I love homemaking because my time is my own. I dictate how my day will go and that is an awesome thing in this world. Many high paid executives do not have the freedom that I have almost every day.

... I love homemaking because I get to hang out my clothes on the line just the way my mother did and smell the sweet air in them when they come back in the house.

... I love homemaking because I can take full advantage of all the seasons. Summer, Fall, Winter, and Spring never get by me. I enjoy each immensely.

... I love homemaking because I can kiss my kids thirty times a day if I want.

... I love homemaking because I get to be HOME.
I love homemaking because God called me to this job and I love it!!!!"

Sidenote: I hope all my Jewish readers had a good time celebrating Tu B'Shvat. I wish you all a most wonderful weekend, and hope to "talk" to you again soon.

Your friend,

Mrs. T

15 comments:

Mrs. Rabe said...

I love Laines' Letters! They have been very encouraging to me - glad they have blessed you as well....

löthianne said...

this was such a beautiful post!! thank you for all your inspiring words, for taking your time to share them with us!

blessings,

löthianne :)

Deanna said...

Anna,
Gorgeous photo of the sky.
Enjoy seeing what you blog about each day.
Blessings to you,
Deanna

Ladybugs and Dandelions said...

You have a beautiful blog. I really enjoy reading it. Take care!

His Wife and Their Mommy said...

I love this quotes. I've never heard of them, but I totally agree. I'll have to check them out soon.

Kelly said...

Great post. When I had my daughter I noticed that suddenly I became sensitive to or maybe a heightened awareness of my little corner of the world. The outside world I cannot change, but I can work on what I can work on, and that is my home.

Susan B said...

I also love Laine's Letters. There is such wisdom in what she writes. Thank you for sharing snippets of one of her letters. It is so true! Such a beautiful picture. Have a lovely weekend!

Anonymous said...

That reminds me of this poem by H.W.Longfellow.
Mrs.L.

Stay, stay at home, my heart, and rest;
Home-keeping hearts are happiest,
For those that wander they know not where
Are full of trouble and full of care;
To stay at home is best.

Weary and homesick and distressed,
They wander east, they wander west,
And are baffled and beaten and blown about
By the winds of the wilderness of doubt;
To stay at home is best.

Then stay at home, my heart, and rest;
The bird is safest in its nest;
O'er all that flutter their wings and fly
A hawk is hovering in the sky;
To stay at home is best.

Bethany Hudson said...

How lovely! Thank you for sharing. Even though today was "one of those days" with a cranky toddler, I still feel I could have written all those things myself. I LOVE being a homemaker!
~Bethany

Ivy in the Kitchen said...

What a great and inspiring resource! I'm very thankful that the weekend is coming up; no classes for two days so I can comb through her site.

Have a wonderful weekend,
Ms. H.

Jenny said...

Such sweet priceless words from Laine. I'm glad you are enjoying your time with your firstborn.

Kyle, Amanda, and Tobias said...

I'll have to check out Laine's Letters sometime! This was a wonderful post, it is the simple things that I love about being a homemaker.

Anonymous said...

Everything about this is so true! Homemaking offers us great freedom. :o)

God's blessings,
Brenda

Webfoot said...

Thank you for this beautiful post! It was just what I needed right now.

I love home making, too.


God bless you,
Mrs. Webfoot

Anonymous said...

It's refreshing to be sharing the quiet, peaceful 'contentment', as well as the other times.