Sunday, March 29, 2009

Spring

I know it's spring, by the amazing feeling of renewal that seems to be flowing through the very essence of my being. My mind is buzzing with so many ideas at once that it's difficult to settle down with just one, and I've been dancing around the house all morning.

There's no end to what I want to say, write, create, cook, plan, organize, do, and craft. There are so many places I would like to go to, and so many people - old and new friends - I can't wait to talk to.

My sweet baby is sleeping in her room. My house is starting to flourish, with diligent work. The furniture in our little living room was re-organized, and it seems so much more spacious now. I don't remember when life was so glorious already, and held so much promise for the future.

How thankful we must be, in these difficult times, to have not only all we need - food, clothes, a roof over our heads - and so much more, but to also be provided with hope, a cheerful spirit, the freedom to dream, and the knowledge in Whose hands we all rest.

Sunshine. Sweet, cool, fragrant wind. Good food, good books, good music. Family and friends. The many blessings of a sweet, simple, wonderful life.

8 comments:

Zora said...

Amen & amen!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for such a beautiful post! So very true in this day and age.

Bethany Hudson said...

How true! This reminds me of a passage in Willa Cather's book "My Antonia." If you haven't read it, I think you would enjoy it. Lots of similar reflections in there.
~Bethany

Lavendar said...

Thank you for this inspiring post -- this kind of joy and enthusiasm was just what I needed to hear today!
Natalie

Joanna J. said...

Your blog is a beautiful ministry to me. I can always count on you to remind me of the happiness that flows from a lovely and peaceful home.

God Bless You!

Rose said...

In this part of the world autumn is settling in -- with equal blessings. :) Warm regards,
Rose

The Author said...

I wish spring would come as quickly to my place!

Anonymous said...

I honor you, Anna.