Monday, April 13, 2009

Pesach

In the last hectic days of pre-Pesach cleaning, I had so little time to blog that I didn't come online even to wish all Beit Yisrael a happy and kosher Pesach. I hope you are all enjoying the holiday, spending a wonderful time with your family, and eating plenty of good food.

I hope that in a few days, when the holiday is over, I'll be back to blogging more regularly. In the meantime, I'll share a milestone: our Shira turned 3 months old! The amount of joy our little girl brings into our lives seems to grow day by day. What a sweet, curious, affectionate tiny person she is. Little Shira loves to communicate, and coos and smiles at anyone who talks to her. Of course, she also loves to be cuddled and held, and bath time is her favorite hour during the day.

I'm also significantly less tired now - we are the lucky parents of a baby who sleeps through the night (12 hours straight - with a dream feeding - last night), naps at least once during the day, and can entertain herself for long stretches of time (30 minutes to 1 hour) if necessary. She bats her toys or just looks around with the liveliest interest.

Well, happy Pesach! Until next time.

Mrs. T

11 comments:

Sheri said...

Anna, this was such a precious update on your little Shira. It is such a blessing to hear of the joy she brings your family and what a treasure motherhood is to you dear friend. *Hugs!*

jAne said...

Three months have passed already?! Goodness. What a delight for you and your dear husband, to watch your sweet little girl grow. It's entertainment, isn't it? :o) It's precious and humbling to realize this child is a gift all over again, each day.

Bless you during this holy time.

Bless you,
jAne

http://tickleberryfarm.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Happy Pesach! From your post a couple weeks back (Spring Cleaning, Jewish style) I was astounded at the detail, but I knew you were committed enough to make it!

I'm glad for you that Shira is sleeping through the night, but I did wonder what a "dream feeding" is. I'd never heard that term before - and I breastfed both of my daughters.

- Sally (I had to post anonymously because Google kept telling me I had an incorrect password)

simplebeauty said...

Now that is a dream child!! 12 hours a night!!! Congrat's!!

Mrs. Anna T said...

Sally,

Dream feeding is basically feeding your child while he/she is asleep. This helps to get more hours of sleep each night. For example: yesterday, I fed Shira at 8 pm, and she was asleep by 8:30 pm. I knew that if I don't feed her until she wakes, she'll probably be awake and hungry by 5 or 6 in the morning. So I gently picked her up at around 11 pm, when I was ready for bed myself, and fed her without really waking her. This lasted her until 8 in the morning - a blessed night of uninterrupted sleep!

Lady Pilgrim said...

I can't believe she's 3 months already! What a precious lil' one y'all have! My 6 month old still gets up once or twice a night ... but as long as I can get 5hrs straight, I am a happy mommy. :-D

Bethany said...

Dream feeding! What a fabulous idea!
Any chances of seeing a more recent picture of your little sweetie? I know it would be very well received... :)

Cat said...

Shira sounds like a doll. I'm so happy for you guys. :o)

Bethany Hudson said...

Dream feeding, huh? I've never heard of that...will have to try that when our little boy comes along--only a few more weeks!

Three months is so much fun. I just loved when Sophia was smiling and cooing at everyone and starting to really show her little personality more.

Happy holidays, Anna! We had a wonderful Easter here! I'm glad it sounds like you're really enjoying Passover.

~Bethany

Persuaded said...

she sounds like such a perfect little angel♥

Gombojav Tribe said...

Amazing how different babies are! My three month old is nothing like that. She can't entertain herself for five minutes before her bottom lips starts quivering. That's the prelude to the scream.

:-)

Oh, well.