Thursday, September 3, 2009

And off I go, to prepare yet another Shabbat

There are beds to be made...

... Floors to be mopped, and some dusting done...

... Food to be cooked...
... And more food to be cooked...

... There are dishes to wash, the garbage bin to empty, fish to feed, and one oh-so-cute, sweet and cuddly baby to take care of (which is entirely my pleasure!) - in short, there are always so many things that make home a comfortable place to live in, and when we come closer to Shabbat the pile of work nearly always becomes mountainous.
I look forward to tomorrow evening, when we can sit back and enjoy the fruit of our labors.
Until next week, take care!

7 comments:

Katrina L. said...

I agree! The day before Sabbath (I observe the Jewish Sabbath but am Christian) the laundry and dishes just breed!

I spend most of Thursday in the laundry room lol! :D

Shabbat shalom!

Kelly said...

Wishing you a lovely Sabbath rest. I just had to tell you that I am always happy to see a new post from you in my newsfeed. I am always eagerly anticipating the next chapter in your story. Take care :)

Bethany Hudson said...

Shabbat Shalom, Anna!

Otter Mom said...

We are also Christian but observe Jewish Sabbath. I actually look forward to cleaning my house right before, I enjoy getting everything ready so my family and I can enjoy the day.

Amber said...

Have a blessed Sabbath! I am so looking forward to this week, we have been running like crazy and I am ready for a day of rest! :)

Amber

Anonymous said...

A peaceful Sabbath to you & Yitzhak, Anna.

as always,
Brenda

Otter Mom said...

I probably should reword my comment. We don't observe Jewish Sabbath because we are not Jewish and I don't want to be insulting to you if I've worded it wrong. But we do observe Sabbath from Friday sundown to Saturday sundown, and in a lot of similar ways to the traditions you follow.