Sunday, September 13, 2009

In anticipation of Rosh Ha-Shana

A pomegranate hidden between the leaves. I love pomegranates, their top looks like a little crown and they always remind me of the closeness of Rosh Ha-Shana, the Jewish new year which we will celebrate at the end of this week.

This week will be full of preparations, and I'm sure my Jewish readers won't have too much time online in the following days so I'm already going to wish you a very happy Rosh Ha-Shana. I hope you all have a lovely time celebrating with your precious families and dearest friends.

May the following year be blessed in all ways, to all of us. May we once again witness the goodness of G-d in all He does, and let's keep hoping for the gathering of Israel, the arrival of the true Messiah and the rebuilding of the Third Temple in our generation.

These few days before Rosh Ha-Shana are a wonderful time to plan changes and make resolutions, and pray for the upcoming year. It's going to be busy around here, but nevertheless I'm determined to carve out some quiet time to lift up those personal prayers. May peace be with you all.

8 comments:

Bethany Hudson said...

Shana Tova, Anna! Have fun with preparations and celebrating with your beautiful family.

Lena said...

Happy Rosh Ha-Shana to you as well, I urge you to check this site at your spare time, www.studiesintheword.org, it talks about different jewish holidays in detail, which I love. God bless you and your family!

Rose said...

A happy Rosh Ha-Shana to you, Mr T and Shira Anna.

Michelle said...

Next year in the New Jerusalem, My friend! That's my prayer : )

Anonymous said...

And may peace be with you & yours, Anna. A happy Rosh Ha-Shana!

Brenda

Tracy said...

Have a happy Rosh Ha-Shana.

Anonymous said...

A Happy Rosh Ha-Shana to you and your precious family, dear! May the new year be filled with abundant blessing from Heaven above.

W

Anonymous said...

Shana tova to you, Anna. How blessed you are to see a real pomagranate on a tree. It's so beautiful.
Mrs. G