Sunday, October 4, 2009

Amazing potatoes

Another amazing recipe from here (link in Hebrew). Photo credit to the original site - I took a picture too but I'm too tired to upload it right now.


Take 5-7 potatoes and slice them. You don't have to peel them. I like them with the peel.

Drizzle salt, pepper, spices, 3 tablespoons of chili sauce and 4 tablespoons of olive oil over the potatoes. Mix well.

In the original recipe it says to also mix the potatoes with 3 tablespoons of honey but I chose to omit that and it was really good.

Bake until soft. Enjoy.

8 comments:

Tonya said...

Sounds DELICIOUS!Can't wait to try these with the family:)Will let you know how they like them.

Anonymous said...

Looks yummy. :)
What spices did you use?

~Melissa

Anonymous said...

Any hints to make it look like this with a microwave?

Mrs. Anna T said...

Melissa, I used salt, pepper, chili sauce and olive oil.

Anon, I'm afraid it will never look this way or be this yummy with a micro because a micro simply doesn't reach the levels of heat of a regular baking oven.

Anonymous said...

These look verrrry good. :o) I'm going to put them on my menu plan for this week. Thanks, Anna!

Brenda

sarah said...

made this as a side to dinner tonight......thanks for the idea! It was great.

Front Porch Society said...

Oh how yummy looking!!!! :) This is making me hungry! lol.

Mrs. Lady Sofia said...

Anna,

Another GREAT recipe! Where do you find them?

This looks yummy as well. How big did you cut the potatoes? I would assume that the thicker the potato, the longer it would take to bake them.

I hate to ask, but can you give me an estimate on the oven temperature you used as well as how long you baked them?

I know that I asked you this same thing for the chocolate cake as well, but I haven't quite figured-out how to cook and time foods without a "set" temperature.

Please be patient with an "older" woman who is new to being a full-time homemaker. Thank you.