Sunday, October 11, 2009

In our garden

I've always loved chameleons; shame this particular one would not turn so that we could get a better angle.
A nest in the brambles. I haven't seen the bird who had built it, but it sure looks snug!

... The Autumn holidays are over, and it's time to roll up the sleeves and get some good hard post-holiday work done. There's cleaning, and plenty of washing and mending, and using up or storing away all those leftovers that can be later stretched into a few good meals or lots of snacks.

There are winter clothes to sort and air out, and a sukkah to fold and store away until next year. There's clutter to get rid of, and baking to be done, and I mean to try and get to my crochet hook again after a long break, to finish an almost-completed project.

To put it simply, there's a lot to be busy with here at home, and that's just how I love it. Working with my hands and resting in spirit, knowing I am just where I'm meant to be.

2 comments:

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

You have Chameleons in your garden ? That is awesome :-)

Miss Jen said...

There is indeed...
a time and place for every
season~ Ecc. 3:1 :)

Many Blessings~ Miss Jen