Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Just a quick update

Hello again, dear friends. I have missed blogging, reading your comments and visiting your lovely blogs, not to mention emailing some of you. Apart from being pressed for time, as it always happens around here, my internet connection continues to be lousier than ever. It's possible to obtain a better connection, but in the present circumstances, I'm afraid it would be an unaffordable extravagance.

We had guests a couple of days ago. I did not have much time to prepare – we were away for Shabbat, and returned home late on Saturday night. I had Sunday and Monday to unpack, clean, take care of the laundry, make some basic meals for us, and prepare everything for the guests.

I planned to do much more than what I eventually managed to accomplish, but I was forced to go humble and simple. A full-blown dinner was obviously out of the question, so we served mostly finger foods and a few salads, and fabulous potato and tuna pasties by a recipe of my husband's (which I hope to share one of these days). I swallowed my pride and served store-bought rolls instead of the cake I planned to bake. Perhaps someone expected something different, but in the end it didn't matter too much. Everyone seemed to have a good time.

Today, we had our electricity cut off from early morning until afternoon. We had a sandstorm so no sun was to be seen and it was a bit gloomy, but I lit candles to create a warm, lovely atmosphere. It was very peaceful without distractions in form of the computer or even radio. In fact, by the end I almost wished the electricity wouldn't come back (or I would wish, if I weren't afraid the food in my refrigerator and freezer would spoil).

I'm already thinking ahead to our little Shira's first birthday. Can you believe there's less than a month to go? To be sure, we won't do anything extravagant, but it's quite a milestone. When I look at her, I marvel at the fact that less than a year ago, I returned from the hospital with a tiny precious bundle, and now I have a happy, curious, exploring, energetic little girl who is literally all over the place.

I must go. So much to do, so little time. There's so much I would like to share, recipes and crafts and news, but it will have to wait until next time I log on.

Your friend,

Mrs. T

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Anna,
Love your blog!

I am so impressed that you speak so many languages so well. Do you only keep a blog in English?

Blessings.
Alice

Neuropoet said...

Anna - I can't believe little Shira is almost a year old already!! :) Enjoy every minute - my oldest just turned twelve this past weekend, and I'm still a bit in shock. I just don't know where the time has gone - it seems like just the other day he was toddling around...

On a side note - I know how you feel with the whole internet connection issue. We have the same problem here - but it really isn't worth paying extra for a "better" one. We just use it when it's working, and then wait when it isn't... :)

Peace be with you,
~Jenny

Rose said...

Anna I am sure the meal was very nice. A sandstorm in winter doesn't sound too good, I hope that there aren't any more.

Mrs. Parunak said...

Oh, I have so much sympathy for you! We lost our Internet connection just a little while ago. I spent a whole week approving blog comments from my cell phone! It just makes me all the more thankful for the blessing of Internet when it's working again.

Anonymous said...

The little one is almost one year old already? Oh God, how time flies. My little one is five months now, learning how to crawl and rolling around all over the place. It feels like yesterday he was still so tiny. May we never forget to cherish every moment spent of this very precious, important times in our lives.

I hope the sandstorm isn't coming again. Have a lovely, inspiring day, dear.

W

Thursday's Child said...

One of the many things about Kuwait I do NOT miss is sandstorms. Although we had a really cool orange one once. And I mean ORANGE!

Our power is out about half the time here in Lebanon. Fortunately we have a generator but sometimes it messes with the internet connection. Since I spend way too much time on here anyway it's probably a very good thing.

I love your blog. I get so many ideas from it that I now get to put to use now that I'm a SAHM again. :)