Saturday, February 13, 2010

There is an amazing God

There is an amazing God, and His everlasting presence in my life is my sweetest comfort.

When I'm happy, He rejoices with me. When I suffer, he cries with me, even if my grief was brought by my own foolishness.

When I feel worse than worthless, he explains to me that I am cherished and precious, that I am, and always will be, His beloved child.

When I feel inadequate about making a mistake, He tells me no one is without fault, for He knows that love and mercy, not harsh judgment, will motivate me to correct my ways.

When I'm afraid I'm losing my sanity, He assures me that I am simply tired and sad, He can tell the difference – and He puts fresh vigor in my heart to go and do something that will make things at least a bit better straight away.

When I feel useless because there is never enough time and energy to do everything I should do, He gently points out to me that in the long run, what now causes havoc and stress and criticism, will make no difference, no difference at all.

As long as I am with Him, I shall never be alone – and I shall call Him into my life. I will take this walk beside Him while I get up from bed, prepare for the day, move along doing my duties as a wife and mother.

I only need to close my eyes to be taken to a place where I am always loved and cherished, and where harsh words are never spoken.

He is Love, He is Truth, He is balm and healing to broken souls. He will never forsake. How thankful I am for that. 

18 comments:

Joy said...

Beautifully written and so true.

Miss Kelsye said...

AMEN!!!! Your post really spoke the truth:)

Kelsye

Maurisa said...

Beautiful and True.

Joie said...

I agree with you on very little but regarding these words, I could not agree more!

Beautiful and most true!

ROSIE said...

Amen, amen Anna!

Lanita said...

Very beautifully written, Anna. Bless you for sharing this.

messy bessy said...

Amen, amen. What would life be without faith in Him? I can't even imagine.

Fiona said...

I love this. Thank you.

His Talmidat said...

Beautiful. exactly. Brought tears to my eyes. What a wonderful example He is to us as parents, don't you think? Thank you.

Thursday's Child said...

Amen! It's so wonderful to know that He feels this way about us without us having to do a thing to earn it.

Muriel said...

Wow!!

Hugo said...

Inspiring!! Thank you Anna, God bless you!!

Kathleen said...

Amen!

Sheri said...

I agree... beautiful Anna.

Anonymous said...

Such comfort you speak of, Anna. Thanks for expressing your thoughts on this matter.

Evie said...

Beautiful!
~Evie oxoxo

Anonymous said...

amen!! =) What a beautiful post. Especially the points about stress, havoc, criticism, and love and mercy vs. harsh judgment (I struggle with the latter).

thank you.

Anonymous said...

Amen....and Amen.

((hugs))
Brenda