Thursday, May 20, 2010

Under the weather

In the last few days, we were hit by a virus that is making its way between us. At first it was my husband, then me, now Shira. Our little bird hasn't been feeling well yesterday and today. Right now all she wants to do when she is awake is to curl up on the couch with her Mama, listen to stories, play some quiet games and be held while she makes her way to recovery. I'm so thankful to be able to be there for her and give her the full leisure of my time (even if it means the Shabbat table will be more modest than usual this time.)

For those who asked, yes, we had a lovely time celebrating Shavuot and my husband's birthday, and yes, the cake came out delicious - and yes, we still have a good bit of it left in the freezer. :o) Now, doesn't that make you feel like dropping by?

My little one is asleep right now so I'd better hurry and get a couple of things done. I got up later than usual today so I don't feel the need to nap (and hey, we've been resting on the couch all morning). Wishing you a wonderful weekend!

8 comments:

Tracy's corner said...

Get well soon.

Hadassah said...

I do pray you and your family are well soon. If I remeber correctly, you don't post on awards, but I have left you an award on my blog if you want to check it out.

Katrina Northwest said...

I hope you all get feeling better! This year has been awful for flu viruses. We caught everything and it really wears you out.

I hope you all get better and have a wonderful Sabbath!

Val said...

I hope you feel better soon. I've been sick this week myself...it is amazing how drained one can get so quickly!

Luci said...

I hope you feel better soon! Shira is so blessed to have you at home to snuggle and comfort her.

Blessings,
Luci
http://atranquilheart.blogspot.com

Homemakers Cottage said...

Hope your little baby doll is better soon... make sure mama gets plenty of rest, too! I know how tiring it is when the family is sick. Blessings!

Kristy @ Homemaker's Cottage

Suze said...

Our family has shared a nasty virus this week. It is especially difficult for the little ones. I am so glad you were able to just be with her and help her through. I hope and pray that your Shabbat is wonderful despite the setbacks.

Anonymous said...

Praying that all will be well again soon, Anna. And I'm happy you had nothing else pulling you from giving Shira your full attention while her body fights this virus.

thinking of you,
Brenda