Sunday, August 22, 2010

Just a little update from the hills...

So... after a few days of blog silence, I decided to go ahead and post a little update, even though it feels like my brain has turned to mush.

First off, for those of you who might be biting their nails in anticipation (*smile and wink*), I'm still pregnant. I think it might still take some days until baby makes its big appearance, however, I do feel that the clock is ticking nearer - I'm getting very restless and it's difficult to sleep or concentrate on anything. I remember feeling the same way at the end of my last pregnancy.

In the meantime I'm trying to keep our home reasonably clean, the freezer well stocked and the laundry from piling up. I mean, any day now we might leave and come back with a new baby, so it's better not to let things go because I know I won't have time for anything after the baby is born.

The photo above (from our archives) is of a male sunbird on our grape vine. Last year and the year before that, we were pestered by huge deadly-looking wasps which were attracted to our grapes in such swarms it was next to impossible to go out. This year I hardly saw any. I regarded this as a miracle until I found out one of the neighbors found and destroyed their nest. So it felt much safer this year, and we did enjoy some supreme quality honey-sweet organic grapes... not a lot, unfortunately, because the birds ate away most of them while they were still too sour for us (though apparently not for them!).

Soon, I hope to post about our Big Baby Update. We're mighty excited around here!

7 comments:

Amanda said...

Ah yes, I remember the wasps! We lived in a house for a year that had grapevines growing all over the front porch. We thought it was nice, until we could no longer go outside for all the wasps! :shudder:

blessings,
Amanda

(PS- Thank you for the sweet and understanding email :) )

Holly said...

Thank you for sharing that lovely picture. I am very excited for you and your growing family. Many Blessings :)

Thursday's Child said...

We used to have black raspberries until the honeysuckle took over. I was upset at first, but then realized I was never remembering to pick them anyway. BUT I could enjoy the fragrance anytime I wanted. Looks like you had a good looking companion anyway. :)

Rose said...

It's good to hear from you Anna, take care of yourself

Miss Tatiana said...

I just had my own little wasp nest destroyed! I was so worried that one of my cats would try to investigate one of them (they were getting into our apartment) but thankfully that never happened.

You're in my prayers for a healthy and happy delivery-- I can't wait to hear the good news about the baby!

Eric and Hannah Avery said...

Hoping to hear the Big News soon! Have a blessed delivery!

-Hannah

AnneMarie said...

Praying for your safe delivery, Mrs. Anna!