Thursday, October 7, 2010

A short update after a long silence

I disappeared for a longer time than I originally planned, and without warning; between the new baby, and holidays, and the computer I usually work with breaking down, there was not much chance to update the blog. I do have to say, however, that my computer time is very limited right now anyway. It usually seems there aren't enough hours in a day, and my time is divided between taking care of the children, the house, and as much as possible, rest. So I do apologize in advance if I'm late in replying to emails, and another update might not be coming as soon as usual - during busy seasons, one must prioritize.

 Anyway, we had a good Sukkot. The photos in this post are from a trip to Jerusalem we took during one of the days of Chol Hamoed.
 And the news that some of you were surely waiting for; our new little one's name is Tehilla ("glory" in Hebrew). She is perfectly lovely in every way and I already find it hard to remember what our life looked like before she arrived.
 There is a lot to write about, but so very little time, and right now perhaps it's better to stop here. I do hope I'll be able to squeeze in another post sometime soon, and perhaps visit a few blogs I dearly missed.
Hope you all are enjoying this lovely season of autumn!
Mrs. T

11 comments:

Rose said...

Dear Anna,

I can understand that you are very busy. Tehilla is a lovely name! Knitting is finishing up in Australia, just in time for an Israeli winter I trust.

Warmest regards to you all.

Jan Hatchett said...

So good to hear that all is well. I certainly understand how at certain seasons of life that we must keep our priorities straight.

May God always bless you and your lovely family!

Matushka Anna said...

SO glad things are going well! I think that's a beautiful name. Don't feel bad about not posting during this precious time. These days will never come back! Treasure your little ones and update only when you can. Not that we don't like updates, but you understand.

Mary R. said...

Congratulations. And, we all know you are busier now than ever.

Heli said...

I just came to check the blog with the thought "I wonder if they gave the new baby a name yet" :) I love that name.

Funny, I now know two "set of sisters" called Shira and Tehila. It's a good combination :)

Bless you

Leah Brand-Burks said...

Oh, we have missed you, Anna! GORGEOUS name for baby as well! I truly understand the craziness that accompanies having two under 2! By the time the baby is about 3-5 months old, things will be much more relaxed and organized. I also know what you mean about not remembering life without that second child! Loves!

Leanne said...

Just wanted to say I've read your blog on and off for the past year or so, maybe more...I almost never comment. But I must say, I LOVE the beautiful name you chose for your daughter. May your family be blessed as you grow together!

neuropoet3 said...

Anna,
Tehilla is a beautiful name (with a beautiful meaning)! Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy life to give us an update.

hugs and joy to you and yours!

LadyLydia said...

Hello Anna, I would like you to read my blog post today, as it provides a free place to block the isp number I put there. Your blog is one of the blogs that particular isp attacks.

Mrs. Parunak said...

What a lovely little update! I can so relate to your busy-ness. My blog has been pretty quiet, too.

I love the name you chose for your daughter. How fitting and triumphant after your struggles to adjust to the idea of being pregnant. Truly children are a "glory," precious, priceless little miracles.

Anonymous said...

Hello Anna!....just stopping by to wish you & your family well. I love your new daughter's name. It sounds pretty to say, & its meaning is lovely as well. :o)

Yes, you are busy now...doing just what God would have you do, & where He would have you do it! I am experiencing a busy time of my own, with a great many changes, both expected & unexpected.

Must run now. I think of you often.

warmly,
Brenda