Thursday, May 5, 2011

Candle creations

 
Above: a photo of my recently made vanilla and cinnamon scented candles.

I'm greatly enjoying this new hobby of mine, and must tell how wonderfully enthusiastic my husband has been about it. Recently he surprised me with a gift of beautiful new molds I can't wait to try, and also some glitter for decoration. I hope to upload pictures when I get to it.

Recently I was supposed to participate in a local handmade arts and crafts fair with my candles, but it rained and most of the people had to move inside, so in the end there was no room for me (as I called about joining quite late). Oh well, perhaps next time.

2 comments:

Tracy's corner said...

Very pretty. Can't wait to see your new creations!

Miss Tati said...

A quick little comment about glitter in candles. Be careful: I've placed glitter in candles before and if the pieces get too close to the flame they tend to "pop" (which can be startling) and sometimes fly off. It's just a small safety issue to consider.