Thursday, May 12, 2011

Inspiration in a homemaking journal

Today, during a few leisurely minutes, I worked on assembling a fun little project I started a while ago - an inspirational notebook.

I actually got the idea from Jewels, a while ago. What she suggested was basically that you take a plain notebook, and making it beautiful and inspirational by gluing in homemaking-related photos, and perhaps some quotes that you would love to come across as you're making an entry. Of course, you should leave space for your own entries as well!

I used photos cut up from a catalog, along with some texts I printed out, and as you can see I left some blank spaces as well. The photos are of things that make me inspired, homemaking-wise - nicely set up tables, prettily made beds, and all sorts of beautiful and practical home utensils. Of course a similar journal can have different themes as well (for example, a homeschooling record notebook might contain photos of children or fun activities, a gardening journal can be decorated by photos of your favorite plants, etc).

Just thought I would share this, as it's really easy to make, aesthetically pleasing, and fun to do with children.

5 comments:

Mrs.Rabe said...

I do this too Anna!

K.Q. said...

Hello. I've been compiling something similar except I use a three- ringed binder. I call it my idea book and it has served a lot of purposes in the last couple of years. I have a section reserved for gift ideas that I see in magazines- either to make, or interesting ways of assembling a gift basket etc. This helps me put together beautiful gifts for others but also helps me do that more frugally. I love your blog and have been reading for a while now. Thank you. Kristen.

Carrie said...

I really love this idea! So often I get overwhelmed by all the different options (not to mention advertisements) in magazines. I like the idea of cutting out a few of my favorites every now and then and placing them in something like this. It would be more... peaceful and less overwhelming. Plus it's just cute!!

Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Pretty! I have some inspiring scraps, magazine photos, etc., but have yet to organize it in any sensible fashion. Your book is lovely!

Brenda

CPass said...

What a wonderful idea! You could also include travel ideas, gift ideas you come across in magazines, and articles that inspire. I want to go to the store and buy a notebook now! :-)