Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Over a thousand

For a while, I've been looking forward to my 1000-th blog post anniversary, but when it came it sort of slipped by unnoticed, and only yesterday I saw that I already have, in fact, published 1,023 posts since beginning this blog back in 2007.

A lot of things have happened along the way. When I started blogging, I was single, a university student in her final and very busy year, with long-unacknowledged and suppressed yearnings for things I hardly dared to name - home, family, marriage, motherhood.

Now I'm a very thankful mother to two dear beautiful girls. I spend my days taking walks to the playground, cleaning up spills, breaking up fights, giving baths, reading stories and getting excited about every new step along the journey, be it an original way of making play-dough or the fact that my almost-3-year-old expressed keen interest in washing the dishes.

In the beginning, I loved long and heated online debates with a lot of rational discussion. Now, I am most gratified by personal emails from people who have been, in some way, touched by what I have to say here, and in turn felt called to share a bit of their life with me. This is, without a doubt, the greatest gift I got through blogging - the personal contact with many different people, the revealing of hearts, the touching of lives. I am so grateful for that.

I love life. It's so beautiful, and I'm enjoying it so much. The awe-inspiring splendour of nature, the familiar, comfortable surroundings of home - it's all part of the harmony of life. You, my readers, visitors and friends, are part of it too, and for that I thank you.

Warmly,

Mrs. T

7 comments:

Mrs. H said...

I am thankful for your blog and you sharing your journey and thoughts.

www.acorkerslife.blogspot.com

Blessings!

Rose said...

Anna, wow! 1000 + posts, congrats as we say in Australia. Your blog is very special to me as is your friendship.

Leah Brand-Burks said...

Great job, Anna. Glad to have a friend like you.

Miu said...

Congratulations!

Jaclyn from Manhattan, NYC said...

Well, I'm fairly new to the blog and am glad I found it. Isn't it wonderful to be so at peace in life? And to be a stay-at-home mom and just be able to relax and take life at your OWN pace. How it seems to just put things in perspective as far as what really matters in life. Sure, I'd love it if we had more money - and maybe one day we will. But for me, at this stage of my life, enjoying my daughter (and hopefully having more children) and caring for my home is what matters to me. -Jaclyn from NYC

Ways of Zion said...

I am so thankful for your blog and read it whenever I get a chance to have a cuppa (which means catch up reading often) Thanks for sharing the joys and trials of motherhood! We are preparing for our fourth (due any day) and it is simply wonderful!

Thanks again & Mazal Tov on your 1000th post!

theisraeladventure said...

Hi,
Congrats on reaching this milestone! At least we can keep up with each other however minimally through our blogs. LOL. Our lifestyles are very different but at least I know what I'm aiming for in my next reincarnation!
(I have a question for you but will email you.)
Keep up the good work!
Avigayil