Sunday, February 5, 2012

In our corner of the world...

Once more, it seems as though days are just slipping by, without me being able to fit so much as a shred of computer time in them. Sometimes, real life just takes a priority - right now, so much that I'm even finding difficulty to think of what to say (something that doesn't happen often!)

Just two days ago, we were overjoyed by the birth of a nephew (this year is proving to be very rich in the blessing of babies - practically everyone in the family either are pregnant, or gave birth just now). We're expecting my sister and brother in-law to return home today, and since we live practically next door, I'm looking forward to stopping by and bringing a meal.

We were away for a long weekend, so as you can imagine, there are countless of things being (and yet to be) done around the house. I'm braving the fierce wind and hanging out load after load of laundry. The trick is to use countless clothespins; if the clothes don't get blown away and over deep into the valley, they dry in a flash. I've unpacked the bags, hung up new curtains (a gift from my mother), and of course, there's that meal being cooked in large enough quantity to be shared. The car is yet partially to be unloaded.

Thanks to all who lately took the time to contact me, whether through this blog or via email. Your attention and friendship mean a lot to me. I hope to be back again soon, and in the meantime, remain warmly yours,

Mrs. T

7 comments:

Rose said...

We have a blowy day today too Anna, lots of pegs are needed to hold the clothes on the line. I daresay it's a lot warmer here than where you are.

Linda said...

So happy to hear all is well with you and your family. You sound like a very busy lady. I enjoy reading your posts very much!
Linda

Kate said...

Since you moderate comments and will see this, you don't have to post it, just know that I hope things are going really well for you, a couple of things you've said have led me to believe you've got something cooking besides the usual fare, I know you are a late announcer so I hope everything is going great!!!

Mrs. Anna T said...

Kate, I'm not pregnant if that's what you mean. When Tehilla was born I assumed I would surely be pregnant by now, but now various signs are showing that perhaps G-d has a different plan for my life than being the mother of the very large family I always thought I'd have. I'm still struggling as to what and how will happen, and also with letting go of what *I* planned, in favor of what *He* has in mind for our family. Right now I cannot say more.

Lady Anne said...

The valley looks so green and inviting - unless those are your undies and not stone walls I see! It reminds me of Ireland. Lovely.

Liora said...

Anna--Since you are implying that you want to be pregnant again but are not yet, may I daven for you? What is your and your mother's Hebrew names? If this is any consolation, I know many religious families with multiple children who have wide age gaps between the kids. Just because you aren't pregnant with #3 now, it doesn't mean that Hashem doesn't have that in store for you next month, next year, in two years from now, etc. I know one woman who for years was struggling to conceive after her 3rd child and then became pregnant with triplets--naturally!!!
I can very much relate to what you say about letting go of our personal plan in favor of the one Hashem has for each one of us. Like you, I am a 26 year old Orthodox Jewish woman...most of my friends in the Jewish community are married, and most already have 1 or 2 children. I am still single, unattached, in the process of looking for my bashert. I too long to be married and to have a child of my own, but for now I am content to dance at others' simchas and to hold my friend's child in my lap because I know that I will meet my bashert at the exact moment in time that Hashem deems I am ready to meet him.

Mrs. Anna T said...

Dear Liora, thank you so much for the offer. If you can, contact me by email.