Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Baking day

This morning, I rolled up my sleeves, put on my apron and got to mixing and kneading dough. The girls had lots of fun "helping out" and kneading their own little lumps of dough as well. 
 I made pizza with my universal wonder-dough. It's topped with fresh tomatoes, leeks and of course, lots of cheese. 
From the same dough, I also made bread I put into the freezer for Shabbat - less work to do on a busy Friday!

It got rather hot while I was baking, but the delightful smell of fresh bread more than made up for that. 

4 comments:

Laura said...

Your pizza looks amazing-
There is nothing more satisfying than home baked bread.

Enjoyed visiting,

Laura
White Spray Paint

Heather said...

Yum! I love baking bread, but during the summer I seem to stop. But, once fall and winter comes, I will be baking all the time again - helps keep my house warm :-)

Joluise said...

I love making bread as there is nothing nicer than a slice a fresh bread warm from the oven. I taught my son to bake bread and he is very good and makes all his own bread now. I think he is better than me!! I'm going to try making pita bread next as they are so useful as wraps for lunch.

Megan said...

I love when you share what you eat and the recipes!