Monday, July 23, 2012

The prize of de-cluttering

A pair of vintage glass holders my husband and I discovered while going through stuff in the storage shed in our old home. 

I think they are very interesting-looking, and find myself wondering how old they are, who they used to belong to, how many hands they have gone through, how many conversations over a cup of tea they witnessed... that's the beauty about old things - they hold part of a family's history, and it's lovely if they can continue to be useful, and pass from hand to hand, from generation to generation. 

And even without being able to talk, just think of the stories they tell. 

5 comments:

Rose said...

Those are nice!

Lady Anne said...

I love old things! Even if they're not from my family the stories are always fascinating.

joyce said...

How interesting! They look like they are made of brass or copper. Maybe you will find some other treasures as well. Some old items were useful; others were decorative, but they all have wonderful histories and stories to tell.

Magnolia Tea said...

I love the raised design on the glass holders! Have a great evening.

Miriam said...

I look old objects 'with the same eye' :-)