Wednesday, September 12, 2012

A little dollie

I made this little dollie for the girls by drawing a very simple outline, twice, then sewing both parts together and putting in stuffing. The project was made by hand so it took some time, but on the plus side, I could work on it at my leisure anytime, anywhere.We also found, among our supply of dolls' clothes, a little dress to fit her. The eyes and mouth are embroidered. I drew my inspiration from Little Jenny Wren, although I do not presume to be anywhere close to the level of her mastery. 

We continue on our busy way here; soon, we are going to dive into the High Holidays, starting with Rosh Ha-Shana next week. There's a lot of work to do, and bustle, and much creativity, some of which I'm hoping to share with you here!

In the meantime, I'm wishing you all a wonderful week.

Mrs. T

2 comments:

Rose said...

She's lovely!

Lanita said...

Your doll is so cute. Here is a website I came across yesterday and thought you might enjoy it. http://www.tipjunkie.com/homemade-gifts/make-a-doll/

Have a blessed holiday season.

Lanita