Thursday, September 6, 2012

After a long and busy week...

It has been an especially busy week around here, and it feels good to be winding down. 
Today, I made baked potatoes with dill-and-garlic cream cheese. I made them in a similar way to these, but because I wanted it to be really quick, I omitted the scooping out part, and simply halved the potatoes, put a little butter on each half, and covered them with cream cheese with dill and garlic. It's best to use fresh dill and garlic, but in this instance I used a dry mix. Straight out of the oven, those were so delicious. 

Next week, things are going to be busy again, as we are heading with lightning speed towards the High Holidays. I can hardly believe Rosh HaShana is just around the corner! And of course, it's also going to be our precious Tehilla's second birthday. Thank you, dear G-d, for giving us this wonderful little girl, who has brought us so much joy, and so many smiles, hugs and I-love-you's. 

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! 

Mrs. T

5 comments:

Heather said...

Yum! These sound delicious!

Miriam said...

Shabbat Shalom!

Bethany said...

Thanks! You just saved my family from eating breakfast cereal for supper. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Anna

This may seem like a trivial question, but I noticed that you have started omitting the o for a - in G-d. Just out of interest was there anything specific that had you make that change (or perhaps a better question, what was your reasoning behind not doing it previously)?

Have a lovely day!

Sara

Mrs. Anna T said...

Dear Sara,

The name of the Almighty has power, and should not be thrown out in vain. I used to think it only matters when writing in Hebrew, but my husband told me that in his opinion, I should keep to the same principle in English as well.