Thursday, September 13, 2012

At the door of a new year

As this is probably my last post before Rosh-HaShana, I would like to take the opportunity to wish all my Jewish readers a happy and prosperous new year. Around here, I am busy cooking away and freezing dishes for the holiday. Today, I made baked salmon following my husband's excellent recipe. Unfortunately, I didn't have the opportunity to take a photo, but I'm sharing the recipe here.

Take:

1 onion, sliced
1 squash, sliced
1 bell pepper, sliced into thin striped
1 head of garlic, taken apart into whole, peeled cloves

4-6 slices of salmon filet (around 1 kg)

Place onion in baking pan, and put the salmon filets on top of it. Arrange squash slices, pepper and garlic around the fish, and prepare the sauce:

1\2 cup chili sauce
1 tablespoonful honey
4 tbsp. water
1 teaspoonful of dried oregano
A pinch of rosemary leaves - I use fresh from our garden
A pinch of salt
Fresh hot pepper, very finely diced, to taste
1 tsp. sweet paprika
2 tsp. tomato paste

Mix into smooth sauce and spread over the salmon and vegetables. Cover with aluminium foil and bake for approx. 40 minutes at medium heat.


* Illustration photo from Lose Weight Feel Great

4 comments:

Katie B. of HousewifeHowTos.com said...

This sounds delicious!

Rose said...

Shana Tovah U'metuka Anna, Mr T and girls.

Miriam said...

Shana Tovah to you dear Anna and your family!

Thank you for being such an inspiration!

I wished all week I'd have time to send you an email, but it didn't happen...
So, "see" you next year :-)

Faith said...

Happy New Year to you and your family and may it be Blessed!!!! I am a follower of Jesus and a stay at Home daughter who wants to be a wife and mama and homemaker. I am glad to meet you here. Blessings!!! Faith