Monday, September 3, 2012

"Pizza" muffins

Just an idea that popped into my head this morning... I went along and made it, and it was so good I had to share it with you.

Take:

3 eggs
Some crumbled Feta cheese (I'm so bad with quantities. Shall we say, 100 gr?)
Around 3-4 tbsp. grated hard cheese
1/2 cup cream cheese
1/2 cup chopped olives, green or black
3/4 cup corn, canned or frozen. If you don't like corn you can omit it, or add something else, for example mushrooms.
3-4 tbsp. tomato paste
A pinch of oregano
1 tsp. baking powder
2-3 cups flour. Stir in gradually until dough is very sticky (not too runny, and not bread-like).

I didn't add salt. There's enough salt in the cheese and olives, for my liking. You can add salt according to your taste.

Mix everything in a large bowl. I poured it all into a large baking pan, but I think it would have been better if I used muffin tins. Perhaps I'll do that next time. :o)

3 comments:

Miu said...

That's a great idea!
I could never come up with my own recipes...

Leah Brand-Burks said...

That is a great idea!

Cindy said...

Looks delicious! :)