Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Perfectly still

Yesterday, at the hour when all is still and quiet, supper is in the final stages of being prepared and the chickens are just settling down, I went out and witnessed a magical display of a clear blue sky streaked with wispy, floating clouds, pink from the afterglow of the sun that had already disappeared behind the hills. I called for the girls to come outside, and together, we stood in silent wonder, taking it all in. I had a thought to dash back inside and grab a camera to try and capture some of the beauty, but was afraid to dispel the magic. And so we stood there, until the pink effusion was gone and the sky darkened. It was so perfect.


The above is a picture of another oh-so-glorious sunset, captured by the lens of my husband's camera a long time ago, when we still lived in our old home. It does help to have a husband who has an eye for beauty and photography. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful! "The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork." Psalm 19:1

Mrs. L.

Rose said...

I love seeing the beauty of Israel. I hope someday to visit. My Aunt has visited many times and has brought back wonderful pictures. God bless you, Rose