Tuesday, October 30, 2012

The doings and beings

After some rains, we're experiencing once more a typical late-autumn dry heat wave. I know it will pass soon enough, so I'm enjoying what are probably the last summer-like days we're going to get for a good long time: cold drinks, barefooted children, summer clothes billowing in the warm breeze. Soon, it will be time for rain, candlelight, mugs of hot cocoa and toasty warm sweaters and slippers.

Some photos from today...

 A postcard from my dear friend, Michelle. It has arrived, what, two weeks ago already, but I still keep it on my bedside table because I just can't get enough of looking at it, it's so pretty! 
 And a crochet project I'm working on. It's going to be a bag... I haven't been very diligent in the last few days, but I undoubtedly will be once rain comes again and garden work gets put on hold once more. 
Tonight's dinner: whole-wheat pizza topped with olives, cherry tomatoes and lots of mozzarella. You can tell we've gone totally Italian this week, can't you? :o)

1 comment:

living from glory to glory said...

I was just thinking how sweet it was that you kept your card out to look at it and to appreciate the lovely note. I love to get a card from a special friend.
I think we have lost the art of cards to thank and encourage others. And your bag will be lovely when your finished, tell yourself its a project and they take time:)PIZZA Yum!!
Blessings and Shalom, Roxy