Wednesday, November 14, 2012

While we were away...

At the beginning of this week, we went for a mini-vacation in Eilat, which was why I've been absent in the past few days. We seldom get away, and had the time of our lives there! 

We have had a good bit of life-giving, refreshing rain around here lately, and while I do love the rain's effects - all the plants fresh, new grass beginning to grow, plenty of pasture for the goats and chickens - I must confess I'm always longing for the moment after the rain, when the sun shines and illuminates thousands of water droplets, making them sparkle like diamonds nestled among leaves and blades of grass. I'm a sun person and a summer person, and as we drove south and the sky cleared, I felt just like a bird flying away from winter.

 Along the way, we met a pair of Nubian Ibex. The girl was a little camera shy, but so cute I immediately told my husband that's just the type of goat I'd like to have. :o)
 The desert views were magnificent - a little hazy, because it was a windy day and so naturally we had a bit of dust.
 The underwater observatory in Eilat. A fascinating place, for children and adults alike.
The pure beauty of calm clear sea and blue sky, with desert mountains in between. 

Anyway, now we are back and it's time to catch up on all the things that have been pending while we were away - cleaning, cooking, preparing for Shabbat, and of course, laundry, laundry, laundry. 

And I must say, the chickens, goats and dog were mighty glad to see us get back. In case you are wondering, we left them in the care of very nice, very kind neighbours who gladly volunteered to feed and water our animals while we are away, but you know how the saying goes... you want the job done the way you want it to be done, you must do it yourself. 

Hoping to talk to you again soon,

Mrs. T

4 comments:

Laura :) said...

I am so jealous that you got to go to Eilat! We had to leave early and we missed out but maybe next time. Stay safe. Our friends/family said they are safe and we are relieved but concerned.

Mrs. Anna T said...

Laura, you absolutely must go next time, if at all possible! It's out of the way, but very worth it.

Kristen said...

Lovely pictures. Especially the last one. Glad you had a good time.

Chava said...

It's so gorgeous in the Holy Land! Also warm...mmm warmth lol! I love your photos!