Tuesday, February 19, 2013

The inner life

From Vocational Guidance for Girls, chapter 8 - "The Girl's Inner Life":

"False ideals and ignorance of housekeeping processes are responsible for thousands of homekeeping failures; but lack of fairness, of good temper, patience, humor, courage, courtesy, stability, perseverance, and initiative must be held accountable for thousands more."

No summary today; just thought I would share this great quote. 

And here is a photo of Tehilla's finished hat. You can't see it very well here, but it gets narrower about the ears, and has a cute simple pattern to the edge. This one, too, has a pom-pom. :-)

Lately, the girls like to go to sleep together in the big double bed in the spare bedroom. They look so cute, tucked in side by side, that I just can't get enough of looking at them. But today, quite early in the morning, Tehilla woke and was very surprised, and somewhat annoyed, not to find herself in her little bed. She called for me to help her get into it, and once she was tucked in again, I was wide awake (having, for a change, gone to bed early the day before) and had a good head start to begin my day before anyone else was up. I can tell you, I like my mornings so much more this way. Basically, the more waking time I have before my husband gets up, the smoother my whole day is going to flow (generally speaking). 

Of course, the other side of this is that by the hour we come to bedtime stories, I feel all ready for sleep... like now. So I will tell you goodnight, and leave you with a hope to talk to you again soon. 

2 comments:

Katie B. of HousewifeHowTos.com said...

I always have such mixed feelings about waking up extra early, too. On the one hand, I do love my sleep. On the other, it's so nice to get a jump start on the day while things are still quiet, isn't it?

Rose said...

What a lovely hat!